The owners of vehicles still fitted with "critical" Takata airbag inflators are being urged to stop driving their cars immediately.
Affected vehicles are fitted with airbag inflators that could degrade over time due to exposure to high temperatures and humidity.
The worst-affected 'alpha' airbags have a 50 per cent chance of shooting metal shrapnel into the cabin if they're deployed, putting the driver and passengers at significant risk of injury or death.
"It is strongly recommended that owners of vehicles with critical airbags stop driving their vehicles immediately," the ACCC says.
"The supplier should offer to arrange for your vehicle to be towed to the place of replacement or for a qualified technician to travel to you (or some similar arrangement) so that you do not have to drive your vehicle if you do not wish to do so."
The following vehicles are included in the 'critical' recall list, and have their recall notices attached:
- 2001-03 BMW 3 Series
- 2001-06 BMW 5 Series, 3 Series, X5
- 2010 Holden Cruze
- 2001-02 Honda Accord, CR-V
- 2001-02 Honda Accord
- 2001-07 Honda Accord
- 2001 Honda Civic
- 2001-03 Honda Civic, Accord, Accord Euro, CR-V, Jazz, MDX
- 2004 Honda Jazz
- 2005-07 Honda Jazz, CR-V
- 2001-07 Honda MDX, Accord
- 2003-06 Honda MDX
- 2006-12 Honda City, CR-V, Insight, Jazz, Jazz/hybrid
- 2011-14 Honda City, CR-V, Insight, Jazz/hybrid
- 2006-12 Honda Civic, Legend, Jazz Hybrid
- 2000-03 Lexus SC430
- 2003-04 Mazda 6, RX-8
- 2007-14 Mitsubishi Triton
- 2000-04 Nissan Pulsar, Patrol, Navara, X-Trail
- 2001-03 Nissan Pulsar, Navara, Patrol, X-Trail
- 2000-04 Toyota Corolla, Avensis Verso
- 2002-03 Toyota Echo, RAV4
- 2003-05 Toyota Echo, RAV4
- 2004-07 Toyota Corolla