The first generation Honda Insight took top spot achieving 4.44L/100km, only just beating the Toyota Prius that achieved 4.7L/100km.
Coming in fifth place was the 1986-1987 Honda Civic Coupe HF. Age hardly hindering the economically capabilities of Honda.
The 1994-1995 Honda Civic HB VX came in at sixth and then the 2006-2010 Honda Civic Hybrid came in seventh place.
Making up the fifth Honda was the 2010 Insight, strangely placing behind it's predecessor, taking eighth most fuel efficient and environmentally-friendly car.
Cars that made it in the top ten were:
- (2000) Honda Insight first generation - 4.4L/100km
- (2010) Toyota Prius - 4.7L/100km
- (1986) Chevrolet Sprint ER - 4.9L/100km
- (1990-1994) Geo Metro XFI - 5.0L/100km
- (1986) Honda Civic HF - 5.1L/100km
- (1995) Honda Civic VX - 5.47L/100km
- (2010) Honda Civic Hybrid - 5.6L/100km
- (2010) Honda Insight - 5.7L/100km
- (2001-2003) Toyota Prius - 5.74L/100km
- (1989) Chevrolet Sprint - 5.75L/100km
Based on average fuel consumption ratings.