About week ago CarAdvice reported a Lamborghini Murcielago which caught fire in Brooklyn New York.
When photos first emerged of the burnt-out Murcielago, the cause of the fire was unknown. Speculation pointed to arson as the position of the fire indicated an engine malfunction was not to blame.
Today we can confirm the cause of the fire was none other than faulty wiring linked to a cheap aftermarket DVD player fitted to the Italian Supercar.
Traditionally such cheap aftermarket equipment is not associated with thoroughbred Italian supercars, though somehow it’s not surprising to find the owner has chosen to fit his Murcielago with such equipment, judging by the less then tasteful choice in wheels.
It is believed the owner of the Lamborghini was on his way home from having the aftermarket DVD player installed when the fire occurred. Moments after pulling up at a set of traffic lights he was confronted by smoke billowing out from under the dash and front end of the Lamborghini. The owner immediately called 911 though unfortunately by the time emergency service crews arrived the Lamborghini was already engulfed in flames.