Mazda Motor Corporation has announced today that it will introduce an iPod® connection adapter. This is the first of its kind for any volume-selling model and allows the driver to play their iPod through the car’s audio system.To be launched in Japan on August 22, 2006, the company will put the device on sale as a vehicle accessory available from Mazda dealers in countries throughout the world. Mazda is the first to offer iPod adapters across their entire future product range, including the new cross over SUV the CX-7 and their new pick-up truck the BT-50. Owners of current Mazda passenger vehicles and Tribute SUV will also benefit from this technology as they too can fit the new iPod connection adaptor to their vehicle. This accessory can also be fitted to some previous Mazda models including 121, 323 and 626 released since 2000.
"This is a very exciting development for Mazda," Mazda Australia managing director, Mr Doug Dickson, said."Drivers can now listen to their iPod through the quality audio systems in Mazda vehicles. Not only does this technology provide better sound quality, it is also much safer as drivers do not have to look down at their iPod when changing the song."The iPod connection adaptor will be on sale in Australia in early October and retail for $265 (excluding installation).Product features of Mazda’s iPod connection adaptor accessory:
- ·Connected by a special adaptor to the car audio system, music can be played without compromising the iPod’s clear sound quality
- · Owners can switch to the music menu, play songs at random and control the volume with the switches on the car’s original, factory-installed Mazda audio system
- · If the steering wheel has audio control switches, the driver can control the volume and select tunes without taking his or her hands off the wheel
- · Once connected, the iPod is stowed securely in the glove compartment where it is charged.
- · Operation must be done through the audio system, not using the iPod. Track information, such as the artist or album name is not displayed on the audio system.
- · The adapter is compatible with the iPod models with a Dock connector including the third-generation iPod or later, iPod mini and iPod nano. It is not compatible with iPod shuffle.
Mazda to offer iPod adapter