Carrying a $3000 price bump over the petrol
Holden has announced the arrival of the Equinox diesel, priced from $35,990 before on-road costs.
Power comes from a 1.6-litre, four-cylinder turbo-diesel making 100kW and 320Nm, with a claimed fuel figure of just 5.6L/100km on the combined cycle. It'll be paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, and offered in both front- and all-wheel drive forms.
The diesel will be offered in the same trim grades as the current petrol range, bar the base LS. That means Holden has made the oiler available in LS+, LT, LTZ and LTZ-V guise. The two top grades are all-wheel drive, while base models make do with front-wheel drive.
As with the petrol range, the LS+ comes with six airbags, 17-inch alloy wheels, a rear-view camera and park assist, 60/40 split folding rear seats and auto headlights. Inside, you get a 7.0-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, along with four USB inputs.
Autonomous emergency braking, lane-keeping assist, lane-departure warning, blind-spot monitoring and auto high-beam are all standard across the range, along with rear cross-traffic alert. Jumping up the range adds fruit like a larger 8.0-inch central touchscreen, front parking sensors, roof-rack mounts, BOSE audio and heated seats.
Cars have already arrived at dealers, and are currently being offered with a seven year, unlimited-kilometre warranty, along with seven years roadside assist.
2018 Holden Equinox pricing
- Equinox LS 1.5 manual FWD - $27,990
- Equinox LS 1.5 auto FWD - $29,990
- Equinox LS+ 1.5 auto FWD - $32,990
- Equinox LS+ diesel FWD - $35,990
- Equinox LT 2.0 auto FWD - $36,990
- Equinox LT diesel FWD - $39,990
- Equinox LTZ 2.0 auto FWD - $39,990
- Equinox LTZ 2.0 auto AWD - $44,290
- Equinox LTX diesel AWD - $47,290
- Equinox LTZ-V 2.0 auto AWD - $46,290
- Equinox LTZ-V diesel AWD - $49,290
All prices exclude on-road costs.