A change in international market conditions, advancing sales and other marketing initiatives have allowed Lotus to pass on substantial savings to its customers, as Lotus Cars Australia Managing Director John Startari explains.
"The government's import duty reduction at the start of 2010 has offered some assistance, whilst favourable foreign exchange rates have been a further catalyst to these announced price changes," said Mr Startari."We are now even more competitive as a brand, and with individual models, all this whilst we are still maintaining equipment levels and introducing model year updates."
Starting with the Lotus Elise, a revised and renamed model formerly known as the Elise S, the MY2011 Elise is the entry point into the brand at $69,990*. Elise R and Elise SC will both see a $10,000 reduction in list price at $84,990* and $94,990* respectively.
All MY2011 Elise models are available for pre-order now with initial deliveries to commence mid-year.
The new Lotus Evora also shares a $10,000 reduction in its list price. Available in 2+0 and 2+2 versions, Evora is priced from $139,990* and $146,990* respectively.
Lotus have also amended much of its option pricing with option packs, metallic paint and even alloy wheels receiving a hefty discount.
"We feel this is an exciting time for Lotus," added Mr Startari."With the new models and the growing economy, the new pricing structure allows us to be more assertive than ever before in the Australian market, and arguably most aggressive in the world,"Supported by a strong and committed Australian dealer network and focused Sales and Marketing strategies through the year Lotus is primed to progress in Australia through 2010."
Below is the new pricing structure for Lotus vehicles and options:
- Lotus Elise: $69,990*
- Lotus Elise Club Racer: $72,990*
- Lotus Elsie R: $84,990*
- Lotus Elise SC: $94,990*
- Lotus Exige S: $104,990*
- Lotus Exige S Type 72: $109,990*
- Lotus Exige Cup 260: $129,990*
- Lotus Exige Scura: $129,990*
- Lotus 2-Eleven: $109,000*
- Lotus Evora 2+0: $139,990*
- Lotus Evora 2+2: $146,990*
- Lotus Elise Touring Pack: $6,700*
- Lotus Elise Sport Pack: $6,000*
- Lotus Elise Lifestyle Paint: $3,000*
- Lotus Exige S Performance Pack: $8,000*
- Lotus Evora Tach Pack: $7,500*
- Lotus Evora Premium Pack: $7,500*
- Lotus Evora Forged Alloy Wheels: $5,200*
- Lotus Evora Lifestyle Paint: $3,200*
*Pricing is a guide as recommended to us by the manufacturer and does not include dealer delivery, on-road and statutory charges.