The 'Lifestyle' and 'Exclusive' models will see changes in the nomenclature of 3 Series models with 320i, 320d and 323i becoming the 320i Lifestyle, 320d Lifestyle or 323i Lifestyle, while 325i and 330d models will now be known as the 325i Exclusive or 330d Exclusive.
Similarly the 335i Sedan or Touring becomes the 335i M Sport, while the M3 Sedan gains the option of the new Competition Package.
The Lifestyle editions add new features, valued at up to $3000, with a list price increase of only $800. Lifestyle editions include additional equipment that comprises 17-inch alloy wheels, branded door sill finishers with "Edition" motif, Chrome Line exterior package and a chrome-finished decorative bar in the lower front apron.
Exclusive edition additions are valued at $500 but attract no list price premium. Exclusive editions now gain 17-inch alloy wheels, branded door sill finishers with "Edition" motif, a chrome-finished decorative bar in the lower front apron, fine wood trim in Bamboo Grain, anthracite, and a Pearl Grey steering wheel inlay. Touring models add satin aluminium-finished roof rails.
Further, all variants (except 335i M Sport and M3) may be optioned with the Exclusive Innovations Package, or the M Sport Innovations Package.
- For the 320i, 320d and 323i Lifestyle variants of the BMW 3 Series range, an optional 'Exclusive Innovations Package' is also available. The pack brings the same equipment as found in the Exclusive package (added to the 325i and 330d), with the addition of Bi-Xenon headlights including headlight washer system, High-Beam Assist and Navigation System Business.
- For the 325i Exclusive variant, the 'Exclusive Innovations Package' adds exterior mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle function and electric folding, Bi-Xenon headlights including headlight washer system, High-Beam assist, Navigation System Professional and Voice Control.
- For the 330d Exclusive, the 'Exclusive Innovations Package' adds Adaptive headlights and the Harman Kardon Surround Sound System in addition to the features offered on the 325i Exclusive.
The 'Exclusive Innovations Package' for all Sedan variants is priced at $4100 and $4300 for the Touring variants.
The BMW M Sport Package is now combined with the Innovations Package, and for the first time, is available on the BMW 330d Sedan or 330d Touring.
- For the 320i, 320d and 323i variants, the 'M Sport Innovations Package' adds Bi-Xenon headlights including headlight washer system, High-Beam Assist and Navigation Business in addition to the usual M Sport trim features.
- For the 325i, the 'M Sport Innovations Package' adds the exterior mirror with automatic anti-dazzle function and electric folding, Bi-Xenon headlights including headlight washer system, High-Beam assist, Navigation System Professional and Voice Control.
- For the 330d, the 'M Sport Innovations Package' adds Adaptive headlights and the harman/kardon Surround Sound System in addition to the features offered on the 325i M Sport.
The BMW 'M Sport Innovations Package' is priced at $8700 for 320i, 320d, and 323i based variants and $8900 for the 325i and 330d based variants.
The new standard specification for the BMW 335i Sedan and Touring models now includes the M Sport Package.
The list price of the new BMW 335i M Sport rises by $3000 compared to the discontinued variants, and is now $110,800 for the Sedan and $115,200 for the Touring. All prices are exclusive of dealer delivery and on-road costs.
There will be a new Competition Package available to BMW M3 Sedan customers as of May 2010 arrivals. The package content comprises 19-inch alloy wheels, M Drive, EDC with new Sport Mode and DSC with a special set up for Drive Dynamics optimisation. The additional cost for the Competition Package above that of the BMW M3 Sedan is $9900 (including LCT and GST).
“This feature upgrade at no or minimal cost, depending on model, gives BMW 3 Series customers plenty of reasons to opt for what is still the benchmark sporting premium compact sedan,” says Mr Tom Noble, General Manager, Marketing at BMW Group Australia.“BMW has striven to deliver more joy to customers with two new Editions and revised packages that combine many of the popular options at a very attractive price.“By co-ordinating these options into packages, we are confident we will be giving customers exactly what they want, without of course limiting their ability to further personalise their new BMW purchase.“With these new Lifestyle and Exclusive Editions and the new Exclusive Innovations and M Sport Packages, BMW has the right formula to continue the unbroken success of the 3 Series and Sedan and Touring range in Australia.”
The BMW E90 3 Series range is priced from $55,300* to $145,000*.
*Pricing is a guide as recommended to us by the manufacturer and does not include dealer delivery, on-road or statutory charges.