The updated 2018 Abarth 595 range has landed in Australia, bringing a fresh look, a much-needed infotainment upgrade, and lower pricing.
Now kicking off at $26,990 plus on-road costs (down $510) for the entry-level 595 'Series 4' manual, the updated model brings an additional 4kW in base trim, now sitting at 107kW from its 1.4-litre turbo four, along with a new 5.0-inch Uconnect colour touchscreen infotainment system with DAB digital radio.
Other changes for the base car include new LED daytime-running lights, improved aerodynamics, an "improved sport-oriented" steering wheel position, and new poly-elliptical headlights.
Standard equipment includes 16-inch right-spoke alloy wheels, body-coloured side mirrors with power adjustment, satin chrome trim for the door handles and badge highlights, and dual-chrome exhaust outlets.
Next in the two-strong line-up is the 595 Competizione, which is pitched as the more "radical" offering. Starting at $31,990 plus on-roads (down $5010), the flagship Italian hot hatch gets a power bump to 132kW, four-piston front Brembo brakes with red calipers, along with a bi-modal 'Record Monza' exhaust system with quad tips.
There's also Koni shock absorbers front and rear, a carbon-fibre/Alcantara multifunction steering wheel, 17-inch 'Corsa' alloy wheels, 'Tar Cold Grey' exterior highlights, leather sports seats and additional exterior colours - including a number of two-tone combinations.
Both versions are offered with a 440W Beats Audio sound system, while the 595 Competizione is exclusively available with Sabelt sports seats in either cloth or leather/Alcantara trims.
Additionally, both the 595 and 595 Competizione are available in both regular hatchback and convertible body styles.
Note: Overseas model shown
2018 Abarth 595 details
595 - from $26,990 (-$510)
595 Competizione - from $31,990 (-$5010)
- 107kW 1.4-litre turbocharged engine
- 16-inch eight spoke alloy wheels
- Body colour mirrors with power adjustment
- Satin chrome finishing (front door handle, back door handle, front and back badge support)
- Matte black front dam and rear bumper insert
- Polyelliptical front headlamps
- LED Day running lights
- Dual tip chrome exhaust
- 5.0-inch Uconnect infotainment system with AM/FM/DAB radio
595 Competizione adds:
- 132kW 1.4-litre turbocharged engine
- 17-inch “Corsa” alloy wheels
- Tar Cold Grey external mirrors with power adjustment
- Tar Cold Grey finishing (front door handle, back door handle, front and back badge support)
- Tar Cold Grey front dam and reader bumper insert
- Tar Cold Grey “Abarth” side stickers
- Red painted brake calipers (front Brembo)
- Bi-modal Quad tip “Record Monza” exhaust
- Leather sport seating
- Available Sabelt seats in cloth or leather/Alcantara
MORE: Everything Abarth