Pricing and specifications for the upgraded 2018 Mini Clubman range have been announced this week, bringing more technology and equipment to the funky six-door wagon.
Headlining changes include the standard inclusion of the Driver Assist package across the range - which includes active safety tech like autonomous emergency braking (AEB), highbeam assist and traffic sign recognition - along with the Mini Connected infotainment package and Navigation System Business.
Prices are up, though, with the entry-level Cooper Clubman now starting at $36,900 (+$1100) before on-road costs, though the increase is offset by the extra equipment.
In addition to the aforementioned updates, the Cooper grade also gains sports seats trimmed in leather and cloth, and 17-inch light alloy wheels.
Features already standard on the base variant include climate control, rear-view camera, automatic wipers, digital radio, heated exterior mirrors and washer jets, along with rear parking sensors.
Motivation comes from a 1.5-litre three-cylinder turbo petrol, developing 100kW of power and 220Nm of torque, sent to the front wheels via a standard six-speed automatic. Claimed 0-100km/h time is 9.1 seconds, while fuel use is rated at 5.4L/100km.
Next is the Cooper S Clubman, which kicks off at $44,900 plus on-roads (+$1000). In addition to the Cooper's equipment list, new features include 18-inch alloy wheels, LED headlights, active cruise control, park assist, and front parking sensors.
Carryover feature highlights include Mini Driving Modes, performance control, the Mini Excitement Package - including logo projection puddle lamps - keyless access, and a John Cooper Works (JCW) steering wheel trimmed with leather.
Under the bonnet of the Cooper S is a larger 2.0-litre turbo four, with 141kW and 280Nm sent to the front wheels via an eight-speed automatic. Mini claims the Cooper S Clubman can sprint from 0-100km/h in 7.1 seconds, while using 5.9L/100km.
Finally, sitting atop the range is the John Cooper Works Clubman All4 ($54,900, pricing unchanged). In addition to Mini Connected, the JCW Clubman gets wireless phone charging, wireless Apple CarPlay and Mini Find Mate as part of the 2018 upgrades.
Meanwhile, carryover feature highlights include the company's 'All4' all-wheel drive system, 19-inch light alloy wheels with run-flat tyres, full-leather upholstery, the JCW Aerodynamics package, anthracite headliner, JCW sports suspension, along with the Multimedia Pro package - which adds Navigation Professional, a 12-speaker Harman/Kardon sound system, and a head-up display (HUD).
The JCW Clubman is powered by an uprated 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine, pumping out 170kW of power and 350Nm of torque. Its extra power and all-wheel drive system allow the flagship variant to sprint from 0-100km/h in 6.3 seconds, while fuel use is rated at 7.2L/100km combined.
An eight-speed sports automatic is fitted as standard, though a six-speed manual is available as a no-cost option.
Buyers can also specify a range of option packages depending on variant. See full details of these below.
The updated Mini Clubman range is available now.
2018 Mini Clubman pricing
Cooper - $36,900 (+$1100)
Cooper S - $44,900 (+$1000)
John Cooper Works All4 - $54,900
Chili Package – $2,000 for Mini Cooper Clubman
- LED headlights with LED daytime-running lights and LED fog-lights
- 17-inch light alloy wheels in Vent Spoke Silver
- Comfort Access with contactless tailgate
- Mini Driving Modes
- Mini Excitement Package with logo projection
Multimedia Pro Package – $2,400 for Mini Cooper and Cooper S Clubman
- Professional Navigation with 8.8-inch screen, 20GB hard drive, voice recognition, split screen function, lane and junction views
- 12-speaker Harman/kardon Hi-Fi system
- Head-Up Display
- Mini Connected with extended functions including Apple CarPlay and Mini Find Mate
- Wireless phone charging
Convenience Package – $3,200 for MINI Cooper Clubman, $2,200 for Mini Cooper S Clubman and Mini JCW Clubman
- Front electric seats with memory function and electric lumbar support
- 40:20:40 split through-loading system
- Alarm system
- Rear and driver’s side mirrors with anti-dazzle function
- Comfort Access with contactless tailgate operation (Cooper)
- Park Assist with front and rear Park Distance Control (Cooper)
Climate Package – $2,400 (all variants)
- Panoramic electric glass sunroof
- Sun protection glazing
- Heated seats for driver and front passenger
Control Package – $1,600 (Cooper – only with Chili Package), $650 (Cooper S and JCW)
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Adaptive LED Headlights including LED driving lights and LED fog-lights
- Active Cruise Control (Cooper)
John Cooper Works Chili Package – $4,000 (Cooper S)
- John Cooper Works Aerokit
- John Cooper Works rear spoiler
- Two-tone 19-inch John Cooper Works Corse Spoke light alloy wheels
- John Cooper Works badging
- Interior upholstery in Carbon Black leather, cross punch pattern
- John Cooper Works leather steering wheel
- John Cooper Works gearshift lever
- John Cooper Works door sill finishers
- Anthracite roof lining