Limited to just 250 units this time round, the Wolfsburg Edition of the jacked-up Passat kicks of at $54,990 plus on-road costs - $4200 more than the Passat 140TDI Alltrack base car.
Standard kit in the Wolfsburg model includes black nappa leather, the 12.3-inch Active Info driver's display, 19-inch 'Albertville' alloy wheels, LED headlights with LED daytime-running lights, 'premium' LED tail-lights, ambient interior lighting, automatic tailgate, steering-mounted paddle shifters, rear privacy glass, easy entry and exit function for the front electric seats with memory, and - of course - Wolfsburg crest badging.
For the 2018 model-year, the Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition also picks up the company's new 9.2-inch Discover Pro infotainment system with gesture control, first seen in in the Mk 7.5 Golf range and soon after in Skoda's updated Superb. The system also offers two USB ports in the front and manoeuvre braking display for the front and rear.
It's the first time the new Discover Pro media system has been fitted to the Passat in Australia, and the changes are due to hit the wider Passat range in the months ahead - although exact timing is still to be confirmed.
Buyers of the MY18 Passat Alltrack are also able to opt for a panoramic sunroof ($2000), along with two new colours - Atlantic Blue or Manganese Grey metallic ($700). Pure white is a no-cost option.
Under the bonnet is the familiar 140kW/400Nm 2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine from the standard Passat Alltrack, mated to a six-speed wet clutch DSG transmission sending drive to all four wheels via the company's 4Motion all-wheel drive system.
2018 Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition
140TDI Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition - $54,990
Features (over 140TDI Alltrack)
- New-generation infotainment system – 9.2-inch Discover Pro with Gesture Control
- Media Control
- A total of 2 (Apple compatible) USB ports in the front
- Manoeuvre braking, front and rear
- Easy Entry/Easy Exit function for electric seats with memory
- Black Nappa leather
- Active Info Display
- 19-inch Albertville alloys
- Adaptive Chassis Control
- LED headlights with LED daytime-running lights
- Premium LED tail-lights
- Ambient interior lighting
- Easy open & close tailgate
- Titanium black headliner
- Brushed aluminium dash inserts
- Piano Black centre console
- Steering wheel gear shift paddles
- Tinted (65%) rear windows
- Wolfsburg crest badging
- Panoramic sunroof ($2000)
- Metallic paint ($700)