Australian pricing and specifications for the updated 2018 Subaru Levorg range has been announced this week, bringing a new engine option, a much sharper price of entry, and lightly revised looks.
But, there's a catch: while the arrival of the 1.6 model opens the Levorg range up to more buyers, the company has at the same time significantly increased the price you'll pay to step into a 2.0-litre model. More on that, further below.
For buyers looking at the 1.6-litre turbocharged four-cylinder model, outputs are listed at 125kW of power from 4800 to 5600rpm and 250Nm of torque, between 1800 and 4800rpm.
Performance figures for the smaller engine aren't quoted, though Subaru says it uses 7.4L/100km on the combined cycle - 1.4L/100km less than the larger 2.0-litre mill - aided by an idle stop/start system. Drive is sent to all four wheels through a continuously-variable transmission (CVT).
From the outside, the most noticeable difference are the revised LED headlight units, along with "higher quality" LED fog-lights. There are also slight changes to the front bumper and grille.
New features across the range include active headlights which follow the driver's steering inputs, a new 40/20/40 split rear seat, a larger 5.9-inch multi-function display, and Auto Vehicle Hold - a first for the brand.
The Levorg model range has also seen a slight shuffle, with the family expanding from two variants to four.
Kicking off the line-up is the entry-level 1.6 GT (above, top), which starts at $35,990 before on-road costs - $7250 more affordable that the outgoing 2.0 GT.
Standard equipment on the base model includes automatic LED headlights with LED daytime-running lights, Subaru's EyeSight assistance system which encompasses adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, pre-collision braking system, and lane keep assist amongst others, rear-view camera, a 6.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system and a six-speaker sound system.
Other features include AUX and USB inputs, dual-zone climate control, cloth seat trim, leather multifunction steering wheel and leather gearshift, privacy glass, keyless entry with push-button start, 17-inch alloy wheels with a space saver spare, and heated electric folding exterior mirrors.
Stepping up to the $42,890 1.6 GT Premium adds Bilstein suspension, black headlight accents, 10-way power-adjustable driver's seat with electric lumbar support and memory, front sports seats electric sunroof, heated front seats, leather seat trim with contrasting blue stitching, a larger 7.0-inch infotainment system with satellite navigation, auto-glare rear-view mirror, silver exterior mirrors, 18-inch alloy wheels, and two extra USB ports in the lower centre dashboard.
The 1.6 GT Premium also gains Vision Assist, which includes a side view monitor, blind spot detection, lane change assist, rear cross traffic alert, high beam assist, and a front view camera.
Next in the range is the 2.0 GT-S, which retains its $49,140 price tag. With the 2.0 GT now gone from the range, the unchanged price of the GT-S makes the new price of entry into the 2.0-litre range a whopping $5900 greater than before.
But, if you go for the GT-S, its extra features over the 1.6 GT Premium will include not only the gruntier 197kW/350Nm 2.0-litre turbo engine shared with the WRX sedan, but also a 'Sport #' mode, along with black accents in the wheels.
Finally, the new 2.0 STI Sport (above) is the Levorg flagship, kicking off from $51,990 before on-road costs.
Extra features for the range-topper include maroon leather seats with red stitching, a unique front bumper and grille, STI exhaust tips, STI instrument cluster logo, 18-inch STI alloy wheels, STI-tuned suspension, and the option of Subaru's signature WR Blue exterior paint.
The wider range also gets the new paint option of Storm Grey metallic.
2018 Subaru Levorg pricing
1.6 GT - $35,990
1.6 GT Premium - $42,890
2.0 GT-S - $49,140
2.0 STI Sport - $51,990
All prices exclude on-road costs.
2018 Subaru Levorg specifications
- ABS anti-lock brakes with four-wheel discs and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Automatic Vehicle Hold
- Brake Assist
- Child seat anchor points
- Curtain airbags
- Driver’s knee airbag
- Dual front airbags
- Dual side airbags
- Dusk sensing LED steering responsive headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights (DRLs)
- EyeSight Driver Assist System featuring:
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane departure warning
- Lane sway warning
- Lead vehicle start alert
- Pre-collision braking system
- Pre-collision brake assist
- Pre-collision throttle management
- Pre-collision steering assist
- Brake light recognition
- Lane Keep Assist
- Fog lights – front and rear
- Four wheel disc brakes (ventilated)
- Front seatbelts with pretensioners and load limiters
- Front adjustable seatbelt anchorage
- Rear door child lock
- Rear seatbelts with pretensioners
- Reverse camera
- Seatbelt indicator lights
- Side intrusion bars
- Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive
- Three-point A/ELR rear seatbelts
- Vehicle Dynamics Control (electronic stability control system)
- Welcome lighting
- 6.2-inch touch screen AM/FM radio, single in-dash CD, six speakers
- AUX jack +USB port
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- Bottle holders in each door + two cup holders in centre console and rear
- Cargo area light
- Central locking – remote
- Climate control air conditioning – dual zone
- Cloth trim
- Driver’s footrest
- Height and reach adjustable steering column
- Height adjustable driver’s seat
- Immobiliser security system
- Leather trim steering wheel with audio controls; leather gearshift
- Map lights (2)
- Multi-Function Display (MFD) – 5.9 inches
- Power steering, mirrors and windows
- Privacy glass – rear
- Push button start with smart key
- Electroluminescent instrument cluster with Multi-Information Display
- Seatback pockets
- Subaru-branded front door sill panel
- Two remote central locking keys
- USB charger ports for rear passengers
- Vanity mirrors - illuminated
- 40/20/40 split/fold rear seat
- 12V/120W power jacks
- Double locking system
- Electronic folding mirrors
- Headlights auto off
- Heated door mirrors
- Rear diffuser
- Rear cargo door spoiler
- Rear LED brake lights
- Rear roof mounted colour-coded shark fin radio antenna
- Self-levelling automatic LED headlights with pop-up washers
- Tail pipe covers
- 17-inch alloy wheels – space saver spare
- Auto lights and wipers
- Auto Stop Start
- DataDot security technology
- Electronic Throttle Control (ETC)
- One-touch indicators
- Subaru Intelligent Drive (SI-Drive)
- 12-months Roadside Assist
- Three-year unlimited kilometre warranty
- 1.6-litre turbocharged engine. 125 kW/4800-5600 rpm, 250 Nm/1800-4800 rpm
1.6 GT Premium (in addition to 1.6 GT)
- Bilstein suspension
- Black accents in headlights
- Electric lumbar support (driver)
- Electric sunroof
- Front windscreen de-icer
- Heated front seats
- Leather trim with blue stitching
- Power driver’s seat with dual memory function – 10-way adjustable, including lumbar
- Factory fitted satellite navigation – 7.0-inch screen
- Rear view mirror with auto glare function
- Siri compatibility
- Silver coloured mirrors
- Smart Rearview Mirror
- Sports front seats
- Vision Assist Features
- Side View Monitor
- Blind Spot Detection
- Lane Change Assist
- Rear Cross Traffic Alerts
- High Beam Assist
- Front View Camera
- 18-inch alloy wheels with gray accents – space saver spare
- 2 x USB in lower centre dashboard
2.0 GT-S (in addition to 1.6 GT Premium)
- Sport # mode
- 2.0-litre turbocharged engine. 197 kW/5600 rpm, 350 Nm/2400-5200 rpm
- Black accents in wheels
2.0 STI SPORT (in addition to to 2.0 GT-S)
- Exclusive maroon leather trimmed seats
- Front bumper and grille unique to variant
- Red stitching
- STI exhaust tips
- STI instrument cluster logo
- STI side sill plates
- STI steering wheel logo
- STI tuned suspension
- STI 18-inch alloy wheels
- WR Blue colour option unique to variant
MORE: Everything Subaru