The Impreza N2010 from Prodrive is its latest FIA specification group N rally car.
Now using a larger 33mm air restrictor which was introduced by the FIA and helps balance the performance of Group N as well as the unrestricted Super2000 rally cars. Peak power has increased by 15kW by increasing the restrictor from 32 to 33 mm as well as fitting high flow fuel injectors and re-calibrating the ECU. Torque has improved as well as responsiveness throughout the rev range.
With the improvements to engine performance comes improvements to the car's dynamics. Suspension bushes have been strengthened and the dampers have extra travel front and rear.
“The engine and suspension changes make the N2010 far more competitive,” said Graham Prew, Prodrive sales manager. “On gravel the Impreza is certainly a match for any Super 2000, but it is on tarmac, that the additional engine performance will really come into its own and make the N2010 a competitive alternative to a Super 2000, but at about half the price and with significantly lower running costs.”
With prices starting at $214,770 Prodrive now offer a financing option allowing the car to be leased over two years with the option to buy the car at the end of the lease. The leasing option also include insurance and system rebuilds.
- Engine: Flat 4-cylinder boxer:?Capacity: 1994 cc ?Bore: 92.0 mm ?Stroke: 75.0 mm
- Turbo charger: IHI twin scroll with new design regulation 33 mm restrictor with new roller bearing.
- Electrical: Spark plugs: BRISK?Lightweight battery: Odyssey
- Controllers and displays: Engine: Prodrive-Pectel programmable with removable data storage card. ?Centre diff: Prodrive-Pectel programmable fully CAN compliant with selectable diff maps. ?Driver’s screen: GEMS CD25 5.5” colour VGA screen with multiple pages including engine, transmission and steering information. Increased integration of control systems and co-driver’s screen.
- Exhaust Hi-flow motorsport catalyst with silencer options available in stainless or titanium.
- Fuel system FIA approved FT3-99 95 litre safety tank centrally mounted under floor.
- Transmission Gearbox: Prodrive-Hewland five-speed manual dog engagement with revised gear linkage and 2-stage shift light.?Front diff: Plated limited slip ?Centre diff: Electro mechanical locking ?Rear diff: Plated limited slip Clutch?STI, 240 mm six paddle competition, single plate homologated STI cover.
- Roll cage Prodrive manufactured rollcage to FIA compliant MSA homologated.
- Suspension Revised Öhlins dampers with improved travel, strengthened rear cross-member high performance uprated suspension bushes.?Front: Prodrive-Öhlins TPX 44 MacPherson strut, three-way adjustable with front hydraulic bump stop. ?Rear: Prodrive-Öhlins TTX 44 coil-over damper, three-way adjustable on multi-link rear suspension.
- Steering Power assisted quickrack (13:1) for left and right hand drive. ?PAS cooler (optional) ?Wheels: Speedline or Work ?Tarmac: 18” x 8” or 17” x 8” ?Gravel: 15” x 7” ?Snow: 16” x 5.5”
- Brakes: AP Racing ?Tarmac: front: four-piston 355 mm rear: two-piston 285 mm ?Gravel: front: four-piston 295 mm rear: two-piston 285 mm
- Handbrake: WRC style vertical lever using STI/AP homologated piston.
- Dimensions?Front track: 1,550 mm ?Rear track: 1,540 mm ?Length: 4,415 mm ?Weight: 1,350 kg