Some stories, however, are like honey to the bee. The comments go on and on, sometimes spiralling out of control - we have moderators if things get a little bit out of hand, and they do sometimes, but generally we appreciate the feedback we get. And you guys and girls give plenty of feedback.
With 2016 winding down, we thought we'd share with you our top 20 stories over the year that attracted the most comments from our readers.
The list includes plenty of opinion pieces (because you all clearly have thoughts on the big issues like fog-light usage, too!), to comparisons from this year and last, reviews and more. And it seems you all have heaps to say about Tesla and new car sales figures...
20. Toyota HiLux fails emergency swerve test
- Mike Costello: 278 comments
19. 2017 Lexus LC500 review
- Anthony Crawford: 278 comments
18. 2017 Honda Civic Hatch revealed, due for Australia early next year
- Rob Margeit: 291 comments
17. Will the Tesla Model 3 ever actually launch?
- Paul Maric: 298 comments
16. Australian Greens propose free rego for EV buyers
- Mike Costello: 301 comments
15.2016 Volkswagen Passat Alltrack review
- James Ward: 303 comments
14. 2017 Volkswagen Tiguan review
- Matt Campbell: 303 comments
13. October 2016 VFACTS: New vehicle sales numbers, winners and losers detailed
- Mike Costello: 309 comments
12. 2016 Tesla Model S P90D review: Long-term report one
- Paul Maric: 310 comments
11. November 2016 VFACTS: New vehicle sales numbers, winners and losers detailed
- Mike Costello: 314 comments
10. Tesla Model S driver killed while using Autopilot, reportedly watching movie
- Derek Fung: 319 comments
9. 2016 Tesla Model S 60:: new entry-level variant announced
- Paul Maric: 368 comments
8. 2018 Holden Commodore revealed, officially: Wraps come off fully-imported family hauler
- Mike Stevens: 369 comments
7. 2016 Tesla Model S P90D v BMW 730d comparison
- Paul Maric: 378 comments
6. March 2016 VFACTS:: New vehicle sales, winners and losers
- Mike Costello: 380 comments
5. Luxury SUV comparison: Q7 v X5 v F-Pace v RX350 v GLE v Cayenne v Range Rover Sport v XC90
- Curt Dupriez: 420 comments
4. Ute comparison: Ranger v Colorado v D-Max v BT-50 v Triton v Navara v HiLux v Amarok
- Matt Campbell: 426 comments
3. You can have my fog lights when you pry my cold dead fingers off the button
- James Ward: 430 comments
2. Volkswagen Australia aspires to premium brand status
- Mike Costello: 506 comments
DRUM ROLL, PLEASE...
1. Stay in the left f$#king lane, please
- Alborz Fallah: 597 comments and counting
Thanks to all our regular commenters who keep our site alive and thriving. You know who you are, and we all hope you keep coming back in 2017.