Kicking off at $77,100 plus on-road costs for the entry-level GLC22od Coupe - about $12,000 more than the GLC wagon - all models come standard with nine airbags, blind spot monitoring, an active bonnet and 360-degree camera system as standard equipment.
Other key features of the GLC220d are 20-inch AMG multi-spoke alloy wheels, AMG Line sports package, artificial leather upholstery, LED headlights and Garmin satellite navigation system.
Powering the entry-level model is a 2.1-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine, producing 125kW of power and 400Nm of torque, mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission sending drive to all four wheels.
With this combination, the GLC220d uses fuel at a claimed rate of 5.8L/100km on the combined cycle.
Next up in the range are the GLC250 and GLC250d, which star from $80,100 and $82,100 plus on-road costs respectively.
The extra spend gets you a number of active safety features including adaptive cruise control, rear cross traffic alert, active lane keep assist, active blind spot assist and autonomous emergency braking (AEB) with pedestrian protection.
Inside, the GLC250 and GLC250d gain real leather upholstery, along with keyless entry and start.
Under the bonnet of the petrol model is a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine producing 155kW of power and 350Nm of torque, while the diesel is an uprated version of the 2.1-litre unit in the GLC220d that has outputs of 150kW and 500Nm.
Both powerplants are teamed with a nine-speed automatic transmission.
Fuel use is rated at 7.4L/100km on the combined cycle for the GLC250, while the GLC250d claims 5.8L/100km.
Sitting atop the GLC Coupe range, for now at least, is the Mercedes-AMG GLC43.
Kicking off at $108,900 plus on-road costs, the AMG GLC43 gains features like 21-inch AMG five-spoke alloy wheels, air suspension, Comand Online navigation system, head-up display and a power sunroof.
Other equipment includes heated front seats with memory function, leatherette dashboard and beltline, 13-speaker Burmester sound system, tyre-pressure monitoring system, and an AMG rear lip spoiler.
Under the bonnet is a 3.0-litre bi-turbo V6 petrol engine, producing 270kW of power and 520Nm of torque.
Mated to a nine-speed transmission, the AMG GLC43 is capable of sprinting from 0-100km/h in just 4.9 seconds.
Like all Mercedes-Benz models, there are plenty of options available to specify and personalise your GLC Coupe.
Non-AMG versions get the choice of black or two-tone black-on-cherry red seat trims, while the AMG GLC 43 has the option of black leather with red stitching.
All models come with Black Ash wood trim as standard, though this can be swapped out for Black Piano-Lacquer, light brown high-gloss Lime Wood or AMG carbon-fibre and aluminium interior trims.
Four different wheel styles are offered, ranging from 19 to 21 inch, while buyers have the choice of 11 colours - two solid, nine metallic (cost options).
Other cost extras include ventilated front seats ($1400), a digital TV tuner ($1490), and AMG steering wheel trimmed in nappa leather and microfibre ($990), ionised air-filtration system ($490) and a sports exhaust system for the GLC250 ($590).
The 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe range is on sale now.
2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe features
- 7.0-inch infotainment system with Garmin satellite navigation
- Ambient interior lighting
- 'Artico' leatherette upholstery
- AMG black floor mats
- DAB+ digital radio
- Electrically-adjustable front seats with lumbar support
- Electric park brake
- Keyless start
- Chrome steering wheel shift paddles
- Dual-zone climate control
- Three-spoke steering wheel in black leather
- AMG Line exterior styling package
- 20-inch AMG multi-spoke alloy wheels
- Exterior chrome package
- Electric tailgate
- LED headlights with automatic high-beam
- Privacy glass
- Selectable driving modes
- Dynamic Body Control suspension
- Active parking assist
- Side steps in brushed aluminium
- 360-degree camera
- 4Matic permanent all-wheel drive
GLC250/GLC250d (in addition to GLC220d)
- Leather upholstery
- Keyless entry with keyless start
- Distronic Plus adaptive cruise control with steering assist
- Rear cross traffic alert
- Active lane keep assist
- Active blind spot assist
- Pre-Safe brake with pedestrian detection
AMG GLC43 (in addition to GLC250/GLC250d)
- Memory function for front seats and mirrors
- Heated front seats
- Electric adjustment for front headrests, seat cushion and steering wheel
- Head-up display
- 'Artico' leatherette dashboard and beltline trim
- Comand Online navigation system
- Burmester 13-speaker sound system
- Airbody Control air suspension
- 21-inch AMG five-spoke alloy wheels
- Power glass sunroof
- Night package
- AMG lip spoiler
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Anti-theft alarm with tow-away protection
2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe pricing (plus on-road costs)
- GLC220d - $77,100
- GLC250 - $80,100
- GLC250d - $82,100
- AMG GLC43 - $108,900