For the first time ever, Audi will launch the A4 Allroad in Australia within two engine options, a four-cylinder petrol and diesel.
The latest-generation A4 Allroad comes with either a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine called the TFSI, which produces 185kW of power and 370Nm of torque, or a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged diesel that produces 140kW of power and 400Nm of torque called the TDI.
Both engines offer sub-7.0L/100km fuel consumption figures, coming in at 6.7L/100km for the TFSI and 5.2L/100km for the TDI.
Each lists impressive performance figures, with 0-100km/h times of 6.1 and 7.8 seconds for the TFSI and TDI respectively. Both variants send torque through a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
Starting from $71,400 (plus on-road costs), the TDI is priced $600 below its predecessor, despite an added $4000 of value. The TFSI on the other hand is priced from $74,400 (plus on-road costs).
The standard offering is well equipped, including:
- Tri-zone air conditioning
- Auto-dimming rear vision mirror
- 40:20:40 rear split folding seats
- Automatic headlights and windscreen wipers
- Rear window sun blinds
- Audi Connect, including interior WiFi hotspot and Google Maps overlay
- Dual USB and auxiliary connections
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity
- 10 speaker sound system with subwoofer and 180 Watt amplifier
- DAB+ digital radio with Bluetooth connectivity
- 7.0-inch colour driver's display
- 8.3-inch MMI interface with 10GB internal flash memory
- Driver and front passenger leather electric seats with memory for driver
- Space-saver spare wheel
- Keyless entry and start
- Power tailgate
- LED headlights
- Front and rear parking sensors with front and rear camera
- Rear cross traffic alert with side assist and hill descent control
- Eight airbags
Safety is high on the agenda for Audi, with the A4 Allroad loaded with standard passive and active safety equipment.
Standard is rear cross-traffic alert, blind-spot monitoring, an active bonnet, autonomous emergency braking, an attention assistant and even a system that will flash the tail lights brightly if a vehicle approaches too quickly and could collide with the vehicle.
A number of option packages are available for buyers and include:
Assistance package tour ($1900):
- Active lane assistant
- Adaptive cruise control
- Turn assist
- Extended collision warning up to the vehicle's top speed
- High beam assistant
Parking assistance package ($950):
- 360 degree view surround camera
- Automatic parking assistant
Technik package ($2200):
- Audi virtual cockpit
- Heads up display
Technik package with sunroof ($3900):
- As Technik package, with the addition of a panoramic sunroof
Other options include a mix of 18- and 19-inch alloy wheels, seat heaters, paint colours and matrix LED headlights, amongst others.