Starting at $47,990 plus on-road costs, the Trailblazer range (formerly Colorado 7) has shrunk from three variants to two, with the only price adjustment being a small $250 increase on the top-spec LTZ model, which is now priced at $52,490 plus on-roads.
The Trailblazer’s new face is shared with the recently-launched 2017 Colorado ute, which sees the introduction of LED daytime-running lights with chrome highlights.
Under the bonnet, the Trailblazer retains the 2.8-litre Duramax turbo-diesel engine, which produces 147kW of power and 500Nm of torque, mated to a six-speed automatic transmission exclusively.
The entry-level LT variant ($47,990) comes standard with 17-inch alloy wheels with full-size spare, a new 7.0-inch touchscreen MyLink infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, seven airbags, hill start assist, trailer sway control, hill descent control and remote window operation via the key fob.
Stepping up to the top-spec LTZ variant ($52,490) adds 18-inch machined face alloy wheels with a full-size spare, an upgraded 8.0-inch touchscreen MyLink infotainment system with satellite navigation and voice recognition, remote vehicle start via the key fob, leather-trim, heated front seats and front parking sensors.
The LTZ also features climate control, forward collision alert, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, tyre pressure monitoring system, LED tail-lights, heated and power folding exterior mirrors, automatic wipers and chrome exterior highlights.
The Trailblazer is available in six colours: Summit White, Absolute Red, Mineral Black, Nitrate Silver, Satin Steel Grey and Blue Mountain - with the latter four being $550 'prestige' hues.
On the safety front, the new SUV features the aforementioned seven airbags, hill start assist, hill descent control and trailer sway control, along with ABS, electronic stability control, seatbelt reminders and anti-roll system.
Last week the Trailblazer range was awarded the maximum five-star ANCAP safety rating, based on the crash test results from the closely-related Colorado, scoring a 34.49 out of a possible 37 points.
The 2017 Holden Trailblazer range will go on sale in October, stay tuned for our review.
2017 Holden Trailblazer specifications:
- 2.8-litre Duramax turbo-diesel engine (147kW/500Nm)
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- 17-inch alloy wheels with full-size spare
- Cruise control
- Rear parking sensors with rear-view camera
- 7.0-inch MyLink touchscreen infotainment system
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
- LED daytime-running lamps
- Seven airbags (driver, passenger, front seats, curtain, driver knee)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Hill start assist
- Trailer sway control
- Hill descent control
- Remote window operation via key fob
LTZ (in addition to LT)
- 18-inch alloy wheels (machined face) with full-size spare
- 8.0-inch MyLink touchscreen infotainment system
- Satellite navigation and voice recognition
- Remote vehicle start via key fob
- Leather-appointed seats
- Heated front seats
- Front parking sensors
- Climate control
- Forward collision warning
- Lane departure warning
- Blind spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- LED tail-lights
- Heated and power folding exterior mirrors
- Electrochromatic (light sensitive) rear-view mirror
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Chrome exterior highlights
2017 Holden Trailblazer pricing (plus on-road costs):
Trailblazer LT - $47,990
Trailblazer LTZ - $52,490