Update: Subaru Liberty Exiga Review.
With the all-new Liberty and Outback out and about, the last variant of the all-wheel drive Japanese family car has arrived in Australia. The versatile six-seat Liberty Exiga wagon, better known as just the Subaru Exiga hits dealerships as of today.
The idea is to make the Liberty line-up as appealing as possible with the majority of buyers catered for. The Exiga is predominantly for the modern families. Showcasing that is a DVD entertainment system accessible to second and third-row passengers.
“It means we’ve now got Liberty Exiga for families needing the flexibility of a six-seat cabin, we’ve got five-seat normally aspirated and turbocharged Liberty wagons and for those with a more recreational focus, we’ve got the Outback range." Nick Senior, Managing Director, Subaru Australia said.
The base model Liberty Exiga 2.5i is priced from $37,490* with the top of the range 2.5i Premium starting from $41,990*.
Using the same new Lineartronic Subaru transmission found in the Liberty range, the Exiga produces 123kW of power and 229Nm of torque from its four-cylinder 2.5-litre horizontally opposed boxer engine.
The combined fuel economy figure for the Exiga is 8.6 litres of fuel per 100 kilometres. Carbon dioxide emission is rated at 202 grams per kilometre.
The Exiga is 125mm higher than the current Subaru Liberty and offers 40mm more headroom. The Exiga is available in five colours; Satin white pearl, Spark silver metallic, Crystal black silica, Sapphire blue pearl and Camellia red pearl.
The new generation Liberty Exiga features:
- Liberty Exiga 2.5i – with Lineartronic CVT and DVD entertainment system
- Liberty Exiga 2.5i Premium – Adds leather trim, satellite navigation, reversing camera, Bluetooth compatibility, eight-way power driver and front passenger seats, and 17-inch alloy wheels
The Japanese brand expects to sell somewhere between 50 and 75 Liberty Exigas per month.
CarAdvice is currently attending the media launch of the new Exiga and Outback diesel, check back in 24 hours for our review.
Liberty Exiga model specifications at a glance:
- ABS anti-lock brakes with four-wheel discs and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Child seat anchor points
- Curtain airbags
- Dual front airbags
- Dual front side airbags
- Fog lights – front
- Front seatbelts with pretensioners and load limiters. Double pretensioners on driver’s seatbelt
- Rear door child lock
- Side intrusion bars
- Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Dynamics Control electronic stability program
- Climate control dual zone air conditioning
- Cargo area light
- Cup holders
- DVD entertainment system
- Height and reach adjustable steering column
- Height adjustable driver’s seat
- Immobiliser security system
- Lineartronic CVT transmission
- Map lights (2)
- Leather steering wheel with audio and cruise control buttons
- Multi-function trip computer
- Paddle shift gear change
- Power steering, mirrors and windows
- Rear illumination LED instrument display
- Rear seats recline function
- Remote central locking
- Remote fuel lid release
- Six-stacker in-dash CD player with six speakers (non SatNav models)
- Steering wheel audio controls
- Two remote central locking keys
- Vanity mirror
- 60/40 split/fold second row seat; 50/50 split/fold third row
- 16-inch alloy wheels – space saver spare
- Chrome-surround grille
- Colour-coded mirrors and door handles
- Headlights auto off
- Privacy glass (rear)
- Rear roof spoiler
- Rear wiper
- DataDot security technology
- Electronic throttle control
- Auto unlock tailgate
- Three-year unlimited kilometre warranty
- 2.5 litre SOHC horizontally opposed boxer engine - 123 Kilowatts of power at 5600 rpm and 229 Newtonmetres of torque at 4000 rpm.
Liberty Exiga Premium adds:
- Leather trim
- Power driver and front passenger seats – eight-way adjustable
- Bluetooth enabled with voice recognition
- Reversing camera
- Satellite navigation** - factory fitted
- 17-inch alloy wheels - space saver spare
** (Fitment of SatNav replaces six-stack with single disc CD)
MY10 Liberty Exiga Manufacturer’s List Pricing*
- Liberty Exiga 2.5i (from $37,490)
- Liberty Exiga 2.5i Premium (from $41,990)
MY10 Liberty Exiga engine specifications
|Liberty Exiga dimensions|
|Overall length mm||4740|
|Overall width mm||1775|
|Overall height mm||1660|
|Tread – front mm||1525|
|Tread – rear mm||1530|
|Min. ground clearance mm||150|
|Tare weight kg||2.5i – 15622.5i Premium - 1568|
|Fuel consumption and emissions (L/100km / CO2 g/km):Combined||8.6/202|
|Fuel tank capacity (litres)||65|
|Recommended fuel requirement||90-98 RON|
Engine speed sensitive power assisted rack and pinion
|Turning circle||11.0 metres, kerb to kerb diameter|
|Suspension: FrontRear||Coil MacPherson strut-typeDouble wishbone type independent|
|Brakes||Vacuum assisted ventilated discsVacuum assisted discs|
|Tyres/rim||Liberty Exiga – 16x6 1/2JJ 205/60R16 BridgestoneLiberty Exiga Premium 17x7JJ 215/50R17 Yokohama|
|Towing capacity kg:With/without brakes||1400750|