Full Australian pricing and details for the all-new 2016 Renault Koleos have now been released, following the initial details handed down earlier this month.
As promised, the new Koleos will kick off from $29,990 plus on-road costs for the entry-level Life 4x2 model.
Further into the range will be the mid-spec Zen, available in $33,990 4x2 and $36,490 4x4 forms, while on the top shelf will sit the Intens 4x4 from $43,490 - all plus on-road costs.
The new Koleos's 4670mm length makes it 150mm longer than its predecessor, bringing closer to large SUVs like the 4700mm Hyundai Santa Fe.
Despite talk of a seven-seat layout being on the cards, the new-generation Koleos is still a five-seater - a shortcoming-of-sorts that could see Renault Australia finally lock in a local launch for the new high-riding three-row Espace that debuted last year.
In the meantime, the Koleos will at least promise welcoming accommodation in the rear row, with 289mm of knee room on offer. Rear cargo capacity is also generous at 624 litres with the back seats up. Seats-down capacity is still to be confirmed, although Renault does at least list an additional 35 litres of additional stowage throughout the cabin.
Across the range, power will be provided by the same 2.5-litre petrol four-cylinder engine offered with the X-Trail, producing 126kW at 6000rpm and 226Nm of torque at 4400rpm. A "re-engineered" CVT automatic transmission sends power to the wheels.
Fuel consumption is listed at 8.1 litres per 100km on the combined cycle, with CO2 emissions at 188g/km (8.3L/100km, 192g/km for 4x4 model).
Towing capacity is listed at 2000kg braked. An unbraked figure, along with acceleration numbers for the new Koleos, are yet to be offered.
For its international unveiling, Renault listed a good 213mm of ground clearance, and approach and departure angles of 19- and 26-degrees respectively.
Standard features in the new range will include:
- 4x2 drive configuration
- Cloth upholstery
- Tyre pressure monitor
- Hill Start Assist
- Automatic dual-zone climate control air conditioning
- Automatic dusk-sensing headlights
- Automatic windscreen wipers with rain sensor
- Front and rear fog lights (front with cornering function)
- LED taillights
- 17 inch alloys with a full sized temporary spare wheel
- Leather steering wheel
- Rear parking sensors
- Rear view camera
- R-LINK2 Multimedia system with landscape 7.0-inch capacitive touch screen, aux, two USB ports and fingertip controls
- Shark-fin antenna
- Automatic electronic parking brake
- Electric adjustable driver’s seat
- Heated front seats
- Keyless entry with automatic walk-away door locking
- R-LINK2 navigation and multimedia system with voice control and custom home screens
- Soft-touch artificial leather upholstery
- Rear privacy glass
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Optional electric panoramic sunroof (price still to be confirmed)
- Optional safety pack (Advanced Emergency Braking, Blind Sport Warning, Forward Collision Warning) (price still to be confirmed)
- 4X4 driven wheels
- Remote engine start
- Pure vision LED headlights
- Blind Spot Warning
- Lane Departure Warning
- Advanced Emergency Braking System (AEBS) – Interurban
- Forward Collision Warning
- Easy Park Assist (parking assistance system)
- Hands-free power tailgate
- RLINK2 with portrait 8.7 inch capacitive touchscreen
- Full grain leather upholstery with heated and ventilated front seats
- Interior ambient cabin lighting
- Bose audio system with 12 speakers, subwoofer and digital amplifier
- Electric panoramic sunroof
“The all-new Koleos is an extremely important model for us,” said Renault Australia managing director, Justin Hocevar. “The new model is vastly different from anything we have offered in Australia.
“We are the first market to sell the all-new Koleos and performed local pre-series testing. Coupled with the vehicle’s outstanding specification levels and value for money, this demonstrates not only how important the Koleos is for Australia but also Renault’s global commitment to this market and our region.”
Watch for CarAdvice's review of the new Koleos to come with its Australian launch late next month.
2016 Renault Koleos pricing (before on-road costs):
Life 4X2 - $29,990
Zen 4X2 - $33,990
Zen 4X4 - $36,490
Intens 4X4 - $43,490
Metallic paint - $600