Initial Australian pricing for the 2017 Tesla Model X SUV has been announced today, starting with the Model X 60D. That entry model will be joined by more powerful variants that will include the 75D, 90D, P90D and P90D with Ludicrous Mode.
As with the existing Model S sedan, those numbers and letters represent battery energy capacity, all-wheel drive (D for 'dual motor', one at each axle) and P for performance.
Although pricing for the rest of the Model X range is yet to be announced, the company has confirmed today that the Model X 60D will start at $111,900 (plus on-road costs).
Despite being an entry-level model, the 60D will promise over 350 kilometres of driving range, a top speed of 210km/h, all-wheel drive, and a 0-100km/h time of just 6.2 seconds.
Local equipment and features is yet to be specified, but if Tesla follows the same formula locally as it does overseas, we expect to see the following options available for customers:
- Seven seats (this includes the extra two seats, along with additional heating and cooling)
- Six seats (this includes the extra two seats, but removes the middle seat in the second row to allow for easier entry and egress)
- Autopilot convenience features (this includes Autopilot, summon, semi-automatic parking and radar cruise control)
- Premium interior package (includes HEPA air filtration unit, ventilated front seats, Alcantara headliner, soft LED interior lighting, dynamic LED headlights and fog lights)
- Smart air suspension (includes geocaching of suspension raise locations)
- Sub zero weather package (includes heated windscreen wipers, heated seats and heated steering wheel)
- Ultra high-fidelity sound system (includes 17 speaker sound system)
- Towing package (with 2300kg towing capacity)
- High amperage charging upgrade (increases charging capacity from 48A to 72A)
Including on-road costs (luxury car tax, GST, stamp duty, compulsory third party insurance and registration), Tesla estimates the entry level Model X will be priced at:
- $130,087.20 in Victoria
- $125,966.20 in Queensland
- $127,113.05 in the Northern Territory
- $128,307.23 in Tasmania
- $129,255.20 in New South Wales
- $123,958.20 in the ACT
- $128,402.20 in South Australia
- $131,650.84 in Western Australia
The fastest model in the range, the Model X P90D with Ludicrous Mode, is expected to feature a top speed of 250km/h, with a 0-100km/h time of just 3.4 seconds and a range of around 412km.