Limited to a run of 200 vehicles, the 2016 Veloster Street Turbo adds various enhancements including an exclusive ‘Dazzling Blue’ exterior paint, and ‘Phantom Black’ highlights on the mirror housings, side skirts, grille surround, front and rear spoilers, along with the rear diffuser.
Adding to the look of the special edition are a set of semi-gloss black Rays Gram Lights alloy wheels - the same worn by the hi-po 2014 Veloster Raptor concept - along with ‘Street’ badging on the front guards.
Inside, the Veloster Street Turbo gets unique floor mats with embroidered ‘Street’ logos and blue-stitched edging.
The extra equipment for the Veloster Street Turbo adds to the Turbo+’s already lengthy standard equipment list, which includes leather upholstery with blue bolsters and contrasting blue stitching, 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with satellite navigation and reversing camera, panoramic sunroof, climate-control air-conditioning, xenon headlamps with LED daytime-running lights, LED tail-lights, ventilated front seats, along with keyless entry and start.
Powering the new Street edition is the same 1.6-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine from the Veloster Turbo and Turbo+, which produces 150kW of power at 6000rpm and 265Nm of torque at 1750-4500rpm.
Starting at $34,990 plus on-road costs for the six-speed manual transmission and $37,490 plus on-road costs for the seven-speed dual-clutch automatic, the Veloster Street Turbo is available now.
2016 Hyundai Veloster Street Turbo features:
- Rays Gram Lights alloy wheels
- Exclusive Dazzling Blue Mica exterior paint
- Turbo Sports Blue interior
- Phantom Black side skirts, front spoiler and rear diffuser inserts, grille surround, side mirror covers and rear roof spoiler
- Unique floor mats with embroidered ‘Street’ logo and blue stitching
- Front guard ‘Street’ badging in black and chrome finish
2016 Hyundai Veloster Street Turbo pricing (plus on-road costs)
- 6-speed manual: $34,990
- 7-speed DCT (Dual-clutch transmission): $37,490