The all-new 2016 Honda Civic sedan will hit Australia in June with a starting price of $22,390 plus on-road costs.
That opening point marks a $1400 premium over the 2012 launch price of the outgoing Civic sedan range, although the line-up currently begins at $18,490 before on-road costs.
The sedan will be the opening salvo in the new Civic range, with the new hatch due locally in early 2017 and the as-yet unrevealed next-generation Civic Type R due late next year.
The new 10th-generation Civic will open with the $22,390 VTi, followed by the $24,490 VTi-S and the $27,790 VTi-L, along with the newly introduced $31,790 RS and $33,590 VTi-LX models.
Power in the lower-end VTi and VTi-S models will be provided by Honda’s familiar 1.8-litre petrol four-cylinder engine, again producing 104kW and 174Nm of torque. Fuel consumption is listed at 6.4L/100km on the combined cycle.
Moving up to the VTi-L, RS and VTi-LX models switches owners to a new turbocharged direct-injected 1.5-litre petrol four, offering 127kW and 220Nm. Fuel consumption is listed at 6.0L/100km on the combined cycle.
Both engines will be offered exclusively with a CVT automatic transmission, with power sent to the front wheels only.
Honda claims a specific development focus on producing an ultra-rigid and lightweight body structure for the new Civic, with an “extensive use” of high-strength steel.
Suspension is by MacPherson struts at the front and a multi-link arrangement at the rear.
Depending on the model, rear storage in the sedan is listed at up to 519 litres.
- 16-inch steel wheels
- Body-coloured door handles
- Powered door mirrors
- Powered windows with auto up/down function (driver & front passenger)
- Halogen projector headlights
- LED daytime running lights
- Black fabric seats
- Cruise control with speed limiter
- 7.0-inch touch display with radio, Bluetooth control, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, two USB ports and one HDMI port
- Eight speakers (four speakers, four tweeters)
- Eco Assist System (speedometer display)
- ECON Mode
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Driver Information Interface with colour displayodometertrip meter (A/B)instant fuel economyaverage fuel economyrangeaverage speedelapsed timeoutside temperature displayphoneradio
- Steering wheel-mounted controlsaudioBluetooth phone connectivitycruise control
- Air conditioning single zone climate control
- Remote central locking
- Front, side, full-length curtain airbags
- Reversing camera with normal, wide, top-down views and on-screen guides
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
- Agile Handling Assist System (AHAS)
- Straight Driving Assist
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electric Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Emergency Stop Signal (ESS)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Tyre Deflation Warning System (DWS)
- Two ISOFix points
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Integrated door mirror indicators
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Smart keyless entry
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Sharkfin antenna (VTi, VTi-S have in-glass type)
- Electrically retractable door mirrors
- Automatic wipers
- Automatic headlights
- Dual-zone climate control
- Automatic up/down function for all windows
- Privacy glass for rear passengers
- Illuminated sunvisor vanity mirror
- DAB+ digital radio
- Dark chrome door handles
- Boot-lid spoiler
- One-touch tilt & opening electric sunroof
- LED headlights
- Auto levelling headlights
- Drilled alloy pedals
- Eight-way powered driver’s seat
- Black leather-appointed seats
- Heated front seats
- Leather-wrapped gear knob
- 452W premium sound system (10x speaker inc. subwoofer)
(removes spoiler, dark chrome door handles, drilled alloy pedals)
- Adaptive cruise control
- Turn-by-turn navigation
- Auto dimming rear-view mirror
- Garmin satellite navigation with SUNA traffic alerts
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow (LSF)
2016 Honda Civic sedan pricing (plus on-road costs):