Power output from the turbocharged 4.0-litre V8 engine has increased from 382kW of power and 650Nm of torque to a staggering 445kW of power and 700Nm of torque (750Nm is available between 2500rpm and 5500rpm thanks to an overboost feature) and sends torque through an eight-speed automatic gearbox. In line with the power increase, fuel consumption has also gone up. The S8 Plus now consumes 10.2L/100km, up from 9.6L/100km.
The power increase now pushes the big limo into supercar territory with a 0-100km/h time of just 3.8 seconds.
S8 Plus standard visual features include a black matt finish sports exhaust and carbon fibre highlights, in addition to new 21 inch alloy wheels.
The price tag increase includes extra performance, but also increases the standard feature set. Standard equipment includes:
- 21-inch alloy wheels in new titanium or gloss anthracite black design
- Matrix beam LED headlights, with dynamic front and rear indicators
- Heads-up display
- Digital TV reception with DAB+ digital radio
- Heated and ventilated front comfort sport seats, with massage function
- Full-leather package including upper and lower dashboard, upper and lower door trim, door armrest, door pocket, glove compartment, knee pads, front seat trim and backrest covers as well as head restraint linings front and rear in leather.
- Headlining and rear parcel shelf in Alcantara
- Adaptive air suspension sport, with S8 plus-specific tuning
- Sports exhaust with quad tail pipes in high-gloss black
- Dynamic steering with S8 plus-specific tuning
- S specific interior and exterior design touches and special carbon finishes
- Active lane, side assist and park assist systems
- Audi parking system plus with front, rear and 360 degree view, park assist
The Audi S8 Plus joins the Audi SQ5 Plus, Audi RS6 Avant Performance and Audi RS7 Sportback Performance, which all launch this week in Australia.
Click on the Photos tab to see the full 2016 Audi S8 Plus image gallery.
MORE: Audi SQ5 Plus pricing and specifications
MORE: Audi SQ5 Plus Review
MORE: Audi RS6 and RS7 Performance pricing and specifications
MORE: Audi RS6 and RS7 Performance Track Review
MORE: Audi S8 Plus Review