Now dubbed the BT-50 Boss range, it kicks off with the 4x2 Single Cab Chassis DX which adds power windows and mirrors to an already impressive feature list. The 4x4 Single Cab Chassis DX adds alloy wheels along with power windows and mirrors. Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) is now available as an option on both these models.
All Freestyle and Dual Cab DX models now add ABS with EBD as a standard feature along with alloy wheels and power windows and mirrors. BT-50 DX+ models which already feature power windows and mirrors now also add alloy wheels and ABS with EBD for increased style and safety.
The range-topping BT-50 SDX builds on its already impressive equipment levels by adding side airbags and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. In addition to this, manual SDX variants get a leather gear shift knob.
An efficient 2.5 litre common rail turbo-diesel engine with an output of 105kW and 330Nm continues to power the 4x2 Single Cab Chassis DX. All other models are powered by a larger 3.0 litre common rail turbo-diesel engine with an impressive 115kw and 380Nm which makes towing loads of up to 3000kg an easy task. Both engines employ a variable-geometry turbocharger and a large intercooler to ensure spirited acceleration.
Drivetrains are offered in either 4x2 or 4x4 configurations. Two types of 4x4 systems are available - manual transmission with manual shift or automatic transmission with electric shift - with each offering fuss-free transfer between 4x2 and 4x4 modes and go-anywhere performance.
Available in three value-packed grades and body styles (Single Cab, Freestyle Cab and Dual Cab) each is specifically tailored to meet the diverse needs of utility buyers.
Mazda has adopted Promotional Drive Away prices for selected models in the new BT-50 Boss range as follows:
- Mazda BT-50 4x2 Cab Chassis DX with boss pack* (from $23,390)
- Mazda BT-50 4x2 Freestyle Cab Chassis DX+ with boss pack* (from $31,390)
- Mazda BT-50 4x2 Dual Cab Utility DX with canopy (from $34,490)
- Mazda BT-50 4x4 Cab Chassis DX with boss pack* (from $32,990)
- Mazda BT-50 4x4 Freestyle Cab Chassis DX+ with boss pack# (from $37,990)
- Mazda BT-50 4x4 Dual Cab Utility DX with canopy and bull bar (from $39,990)
- Mazda BT-50 4x4 Dual Cab Utility SDX with canopy and bull bar (from $42,490)
* Boss pack on 4x2 variants includes alloy tray, ladder rack, tool box and water tank
# Boss pack on 4x4 variants includes alloy tray, ladder rack, tool box, water tank and bull bar