Despite its age, if you've ever wanted to own this iconic car now is the perfect time with the arrival of the 2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser Special Edition starting from $29,990 drive away (manual).
The Special Edition PT Cruiser is based on the PT Cruiser touring and is powered by the same 2.4-litre engine which produces 105 kW and 214 Nm of torque. It will be available either as a 5-speed manual or an optional four-speed automatic transmission.
On top of its standard features, the SE includes a six-disc CD player 368-watt Boston Acoustics premium sound system, power sunroof, new SRT designed wheels and interior upgrades.
Chrysler Australia says only a handful of the limited edition models are destined for Australia and subsequently, the cars are only available in "Brilliant Black".
On the inside there is seat fabric, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, satin-silver finished gauge cluster with chromed rings and new floor mats.
Chrysler is limiting production of its factory-customised PT Cruiser and only a handful of these vehicles are making their way to Australia.
2009 Special Edition PT Cruiser, unique equipment:
- Brilliant Black exterior paint only
- Unique 17-inch SRT Design wheels
- Unique bright upper grille
- Chrome body side trim spars, front accents and door lock knobs
- Unique premium cloth with heated front seats
- Leather wrapped steering wheel with bright spokes
- AM/FM/6-disc CD audio system
- 6-Boston Acoustics premium speakers and 368-watt amplifier
- Deep tint sunscreen glass
- Unique floor mats
2009 Special Edition PT Cruiser Pricing
- The Base Vehicle Price (BVP) is $29,990 for the 5-speed manual
- $31,990 for the 4-speed automatic variant.