Now, Volkswagen has released the RNS 510 series of satellite navigation for the Touareg range.
The RNS 510 features:
- High-resolution touch screen in 16:9 format
- 3D map views and display of topographical map details
- Integrated 30GB hard disk drive and SD memory card reader
- DVD drive for the playback of audio and video
- Can be expanded with a hybrid TV tuner and integrated for Bluetooth preparation
The 30GB hard disk drive is in place to serve navigation content. Using hard disk technology to serve navigation content, opposed to DVD, provides faster navigation and access to information, along with the possibility of story more data than a DVD disk.
The 16:9 screen will allow the playback of DVDs, allowing passengers to watch movies while the vehicle is stationary.
This option is available immediately in Europe for 2,020 Euros (~3,200 AUD). Volkswagen Australia says that they are considering the introduction of the RNS 510 in Volkswagens from early next year.