Described by the performance modders at Walkinshaw as "by far the most powerful performance enhancement available for a Commodore that Walkinshaw Performance Products has ever produced", the package upgrade - which costs $25,990 fitted - brings the 6.2-litre LS3 V8 engine's performance to a staggering 547kW and 880Nm.
Building on the more powerful LS3 engine - which, in stock specification in the SS Commodore range has 304kW and 570Nm - the new W Series upgrade easily outdoes the performance company's previous offering: the W507 pack that was available for the HSV GTS had 507kW and 850Nm.
The package includes a range of engine upgrades:
- WP230 Supercharger
- Large high flow injectors
- Eaton Twin Vortices 2300 Series (TVS) Gen VI rotors
- Water to air intercooler package
- Custom moulded heater hoses
- Cast aluminium coil covers
- Unique Walkinshaw Performance injection moulded cold air intake package
- Heavy duty serpentine belt drive system utilizing Goodyear ‘Gatorback’ belt
- 12-inch long intake runners
- Custom moulded intercooler hoses
- WP Camshaft and Valve Spring Upgrade
- Self-contained oil system
- OEM Spec Camshaft
- Cam Sprocket
- Crank Bolt
- Camshaft Bolt Set
- Valve Spring Retainers
- Valve Stem Locks
- Valve Springs Beehive Style
- WPP Ceramic Coated Headers
-WPP Dual Active Cat Back Exhaust
- WPP Drive Line Warranty
- Full dyno tune from an authorised Walkinshaw Performance Centre
- W547 Badging
- W547 Certificate of Authenticity
Further, for the first 50 customers around Australia, the package includes extras such as a gloss yellow supercharger top cover and yellow cast aluminium coil covers, not to mention an invitation to ride along in a V8 Supercar.
A signed photo of the Walkinshaw Racing V8 Supercar, driven by Lee Holdsworth, will also be offered.
Walkinshaw Performance general manager Tony Harris said the final Commodore seemed a fitting vehicle to debut the most potent package yet.
“With the launch of VFII its makes sense for WPP to release one of its most exciting W Series packages yet,” Harris said. “With close to 2000 W Series packages fitted to customer vehicles over the past two years WPP continues to lead the way in power, performance and passion.
“More importantly we have new customers experiencing what the brand has to offer for the first time and you simply can’t wipe the smile from their faces."