Chrysler Australia has this week taken the wraps off the 2015 Chrysler 300 SRT.
The Chrysler 300 SRT is a special car, not only because of its mammoth 6.4-litre V8, or its bellowing exhaust note, but because Australia is the first and currently only market to have the model on sale.
Despite its popularity in the USA, the 300 SRT will only be available in the Middle East in left-hand drive form, with the rest of sales being divvied out between Australia, Japan and other key right-hand drive markets, with Australia expected to be the sales leader.
The car launches in Australia with a price tag of $59,000 for the 300 SRT Core, while the feature-packed 300 SRT demands a $10,000 price premium at $69,000 (price includes Luxury Car Tax).
Under the bonnet, the 300 SRT features a 6.4-litre naturally aspirated V8 engine that produces 350kW of power and 637Nm of torque (up 3kW of power and 6Nm of torque over the previous model) and is mated exclusively to an eight-speed automatic gearbox.
Fuel consumption sits at an ADR claimed 13.0L/100km on the combined cycle.
The 300 SRT Core kicks off proceedings at $59,000 with:
- 20-inch alloy wheels with black finishes
- Black Brembo four-piston brakes at the front and rear, measuring 360mm at the front and 340mm at the rear with slotting
- Mechanical limited slip differential
- Performance-tuned electronically-assisted steering
- Sports suspension tune
- Launch control
- 4-inch round exhaust tips
- Boot-lip spoiler
- SRT badges
- LED daytime running lights
- LED tail lights
- Cloth seats with hugging side and bottom bolsters
- Interactive SRT Performance pages that include timers and performance settings
- Leather-wrapped flat-bottomed SRT steering wheel
- Dual-zone climate control
- 8.4-inch UConnect colour touchscreen
- Automatic bi-xenon headlights and windscreen wipers
- 6-speaker sound system
Bumped up a notch to $69,000, the 300 SRT includes the following additional features:
- Forged and polished 20-inch alloy wheels
- Red coloured Brembo brakes to same specification as 300 SRT Core
- Leather and Alcantara-trimmed sports seats
- 19-speaker Harman/Kardon sound system with subwoofer and 900-watt amplifier
- 8.4-inch UConnect colour LCD touchscreen with satellite navigation
- Adaptive cruise control with full stop functionality
- Lane sense lane departure warning with steering input
- Full-speed forward collision warning
- Blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert
The 2015 Chrysler 300 SRT is now on sale. Read our review of the Chrysler 300 SRT on Friday morning.
Click on the Photos tab to see more images of the 2015 Chrysler 300 SRT.