Australian pricing for the 2016 Infiniti QX80 SUV has been released today, ahead of a showroom debut set to occur later this month.
Infiniti’s big and burly luxo-barge first appeared overseas in 2010, debuting at the New York motor show as a rival to upper-large premium SUVs like the Mercedes-Benz GL, Range Rover, Cadillac Escalade and, of course, its Japanese counterpart, the Lexus LX.
In Australia, the Japanese-made QX80 will launch from $110,900 in just one 298kW/560Nm 5.6 litre V8 trim, sharing its powertrain and seven-speed auto with the Patrol.
Fuel figures for the QX80 are still to be confirmed, but in Patrol form, the V8 lists fuel use at 14.5 l/100km.
The QX80’s pricing makes it $40,000 more expensive than the top-shelf Patrol Ti, although that Nissan-badged flagship was priced from $93,390 until just this month.
Importantly for Infiniti, the QX80 is $23,410 cheaper than the 270kW/530Nm 5.7 litre Lexus LX570. (Lexus has found 87 homes for the LX this year, compared to 295 for Merc’s big GL.)
“A number of buyers have asked us for a model at least one size up from the QX70 crossover," Infiniti Australia managing director Jean-Philipe Roux said today.
"Adding the QX80 to our local catalogue in small volumes will meet this local opportunity."
Standard features for the QX80 in Australia include:
- 5.6 litre V8 engine with 298kw
- Seven-speed automatic with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC), manual shift mode, and Snow and Tow modes
- Independent double-wishbone front and rear suspension
- Hydraulic Body Motion Control suspension system
- 3500kg towing capability
- 22 x 8.0 inch, 14-spoke forged aluminium-alloy wheels
- Leather-appointed seating
- Towbar package
- Infiniti Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition
- Bose Cabin Surround Sound System with digital 5.1-decoding, 15-speakers
- Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System
- USB connection port for iPod interface and other compatible devices
- Tri-Zone Automatic Temperature Control System
- Power sliding tinted glass sunroof
- Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation system with real time traffic updates
- Around View Monitor with Front and Rear Sonar Systems
- Infiniti All-Mode 4WD
- Intelligent Cruise Control (Full-Speed Range)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP)
- Distance Control Assist (DCA)
- Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Blind Spot Warning (BSW) and Blind Spot Intervention (BSI)
- Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) with auto-leveling headlights
- Backup Collision Intervention (BCI)
- LED headlamps with integrated daytime running lamps
- 10-way power driver's and 8-way front-passenger's heated seats
- Sequential welcome lighting illuminated entry system
- Dual occupant memory system for driver's seat, steering wheel, and outside mirrors, linked to individual Intelligent Keys
- Rain-sensing, variable intermittent front windshield wipers
- Power sliding tinted glass sunroof
- Power rear liftgate
- Body-color running boards with integrated splash guards
- Roof rails
- Dual 7 inch colour monitors for multimedia playback integrated in front headrests
- Bose Cabin Surround Sound System with digital 5.1 decoding, 15 speakers
- Climate-controlled front seats
- Semi-aniline leather-appointed seating
- Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with auto recirculation, Plasmacluster air purifier, Grape Polyphenol Filter
- Second-row footwell courtesy lights
2016 Infiniti QX80 pricing (before on-road costs):
Infiniti QX80 - $110,900 (estimated drive-away: $118,529)
Note: Infiniti bases its drive-away estimates on Victorian data. Speak with your local dealer for a drive-away price specific to your region.