Australian pricing for the 2016 Infiniti QX80 SUV has been released today, ahead of a showroom debut set to occur later this month.
Infiniti’s big and burly luxo-barge first appeared overseas in 2010, debuting at the New York motor show as a rival to upper-large premium SUVs like the Mercedes-Benz GL, Range Rover, Cadillac Escalade and, of course, its Japanese counterpart, the Lexus LX.
Just as the LX is based on Toyota’s big LandCruiser 200, the Infiniti QX80 is built off the new Y62 Nissan Patrol that made its Australian debut in 2013.
In Australia, the Japanese-made QX80 will launch from $110,900 in just one 298kW/560Nm 5.6 litre V8 trim, sharing its powertrain and seven-speed auto with the Patrol.
Fuel figures for the QX80 are still to be confirmed, but in Patrol form, the V8 lists fuel use at 14.5 l/100km.
The QX80’s pricing makes it $40,000 more expensive than the top-shelf Patrol Ti, although that Nissan-badged flagship was priced from $93,390 until just this month.
Importantly for Infiniti, the QX80 is $23,410 cheaper than the 270kW/530Nm 5.7 litre Lexus LX570. (Lexus has found 87 homes for the LX this year, compared to 295 for Merc’s big GL.)
“A number of buyers have asked us for a model at least one size up from the QX70 crossover,” Infiniti Australia managing director Jean-Philipe Roux said today.
“Adding the QX80 to our local catalogue in small volumes will meet this local opportunity.”
Standard features for the QX80 in Australia include:
- 5.6 litre V8 engine with 298kw
- Seven-speed automatic with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC), manual shift mode, and Snow and Tow modes
- Independent double-wishbone front and rear suspension
- Hydraulic Body Motion Control suspension system
- 3500kg towing capability
- 22 x 8.0 inch, 14-spoke forged aluminium-alloy wheels
- Leather-appointed seating
- Towbar package
- Infiniti Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition
- Bose Cabin Surround Sound System with digital 5.1-decoding, 15-speakers
- Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System
- USB connection port for iPod interface and other compatible devices
- Tri-Zone Automatic Temperature Control System
- Power sliding tinted glass sunroof
- Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation system with real time traffic updates
- Around View Monitor with Front and Rear Sonar Systems
- Infiniti All-Mode 4WD
- Intelligent Cruise Control (Full-Speed Range)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP)
- Distance Control Assist (DCA)
- Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Blind Spot Warning (BSW) and Blind Spot Intervention (BSI)
- Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) with auto-leveling headlights
- Backup Collision Intervention (BCI)
- LED headlamps with integrated daytime running lamps
- 10-way power driver’s and 8-way front-passenger’s heated seats
- Sequential welcome lighting illuminated entry system
- Dual occupant memory system for driver’s seat, steering wheel, and outside mirrors, linked to individual Intelligent Keys
- Rain-sensing, variable intermittent front windshield wipers
- Power sliding tinted glass sunroof
- Power rear liftgate
- Body-color running boards with integrated splash guards
- Roof rails
- Dual 7 inch colour monitors for multimedia playback integrated in front headrests
- Bose Cabin Surround Sound System with digital 5.1 decoding, 15 speakers
- Climate-controlled front seats
- Semi-aniline leather-appointed seating
- Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with auto recirculation, Plasmacluster air purifier, Grape Polyphenol Filter
- Second-row footwell courtesy lights
2016 Infiniti QX80 pricing (before on-road costs):
Infiniti QX80 – $110,900 (estimated drive-away: $118,529)
Note: Infiniti bases its drive-away estimates on Victorian data. Speak with your local dealer for a drive-away price specific to your region.