Audi Australia has launched the TT Roadster in Australia with a single drivetrain and gearbox combination, with a starting price from $81,500 plus on-road costs for the TT Roadster Sport and $89,000 for the TT Roadster S-Line (plus on-road costs).
Pricing for the entry level TT Roadster Sport is the same as the outgoing model, despite adding $8000 in value.
Under the bonnet, the TT Roadster is powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine that is mated to a six-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox, which sends torque through a quattro all-wheel drive system.
The feisty four-cylinder engine produces 169kW of power (up 14kW of power over the previous model) and 370Nm of torque (up 20Nm of torque over the previous model), which allows it to sprint from 0-100km/h in just 5.6 seconds (0.3 seconds quicker than the outgoing model). Likewise, fuel consumption has reduced by 10.0 per cent to just 6.7L/100km.
The rag-top convertible uses an electrically operated roof that can retract or open in just 10 seconds at speeds of up to 50km/h.
Standard TT Roadster Sport features include:
- Front and rear parking sensors
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Cruise control
- Proximity sensing key with keyless entry and start
- Electrically extending wind deflector
- Bi-xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights
- Automatically dimming rear vision mirror
- Automatic climate control with two modes (one for roof on, one for roof off)
- Automatic headlights and windscreen wipers
- Leather seats with heat retention reduction technology
- Electrically adjustable driver and front passenger seats
- Alcantara/leather trim seating
- Heated seats
- Split folding rear seats for boot access
- Bluetooth connectivity with audio streaming
- Audi music interface
- 12.4-inch Virtual Cockpit driver interface screen
- Satellite navigation
- Either-speaker sound system that produces 100W of power and uses an internal 10GB flash memory
The TT Roadster S-Line adds the following features at a cost of $7500 over the TT Roadster Sport:
- S-Line front and rear bumper bars
- S-Line rear diffuser
- S-Line design steering wheel with flat bottom
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights and LED tail lights with dynamic indicators
- Coloured interior elements with brushed aluminium
- S-Line sports seats
- Pneumatic adjustment of backrest side bolsters
- Enhanced sound system with five-channel amplifier, nine-speakers and two subwoofers, combining to a total power output of 155W
- Digital radio
A number of options are available to choose from, including (prices excluding LCT):
- Assistance package ($1692) — includes blind spot monitoring, active lane assistance, semi-autonomous parking, high-beam assist and folding wing mirrors with automatic dimming.
- Metallic paint ($1077)
- Audi matrix LED headlights ($3385 (TT Roadster Sport)/$1462 (TT Roadster S-Line))
- Magnetic ride control ($1731)
- Neck level heating ($577)
- Bang and Olufsen sound system ($1346 (TT Roadster Sport)/$923 (TT Roadster S-Line)) — includes 12-speaker stereo with 14-channel amplifier and 680W power output
You can read our full review of the 2016 Audi TT Roadster here.