An $8000 price reduction for the flagship Exceed variant headlines the changes for the updated 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero, which is now on sale in Australia.
Mitsubishi Australia has trimmed the 2015 model year Pajero line-up from six variants to four, retaining the entry-level GLX manual and automatic and high-grade Exceed, while replacing the GLX-R and VRX models with a single GLS auto.
The 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero Exceed now costs $65,990 before on-road costs, down from $73,990. The updated model gains automatic high beam, which uses a forward-facing camera to sense oncoming vehicle headlights and adjusts the headlights as required.
The GLX variants now feature seven seats as standard. They retain their existing $50,990 (manual) and $53,990 (auto) price tags, while the GLS is priced identically to the old GLX-R auto at $58,990.
All variants of the 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero range, which was released in Japan in July, come standard with:
- New-look front bumpers, chrome grilles, and spare tyre covers
- Revised centre stack layout
- Chrome air conditioning dials
- Folding key
- Seven seats
The 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero is otherwise unchanged from the model it replaces The updated version retains the 147kW/441Nm 3.2-litre four-cylinder turbo diesel engine, and five-speed manual and automatic transmissions.
The Pajero is one of the longest-serving models on the market. The current, fourth-generation SUV has been around since 2006, though it is essentially an updated version of the third-generation model that is now 15 years old.
An all-new Pajero, inspired by the GC-PHEV concept, will launch by the beginning of 2017.
Full specification breakdown:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- LED daytime running lights
- Chrome outer door handles
- Chrome and heated door mirrors with approach lights and side turn lamp
- Front fog lamps
- Side steps
- Front mud guards
- Rear deflector
- Privacy glass
- HID headlamps with auto levelling device
- Headlamp washers
- Rear differential lock
- New-generation audio system
- Reverse-view camera
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Rear air conditioner and heater
Pajero GLS (in addition to GLX)
- Reversing sensors
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Dusk-sensing headlamps
- Mitsubishi Multi Communication System (MMCS) audio system with satellite navigation
- Heated and power front seats
- Sports cloth seat trim with leather-look bolster
- Leather-look front and rear door trim
- Cargo blind
Pajero Exceed (in addition to GLS)
- Automatic high beam
- Electric sunroof with slide and tilt
- Leather seat facings
- Wood and leather four-spoke steering wheel
- Chrome windscreen moulding and side protection moulding
- Sports pedals
- Decorative scuff plate
- Twelve-speaker Rockford Fosgate premium audio system
- Premium security alarm with siren and sensor
2015 Mitsubishi Pajero pricing (plus on-road costs):
GLX manual - $50,990
GLX automatic - $53,990
GLS automatic - $58,990
Exceed automatic - $65,990