The LX 570 will hit Lexus showrooms in the first quarter of 2008. Powered by 5.7-litre V8 engine (hence the name) with an expected power output of around 283kW, the luxury off roader will compete with the new lineup from Porsche as well as the BMW X5 and the Mercedes ML class.
"LX 570 will continue the 'no compromise' approach to design that Lexus established many years ago, coming to market with features and styling that set the vehicle apart from its competitors," Lexus divisional manager John Roca said
The V8's power will be mated to a new six-speed sequential-shift automatic transmission.
Furthermore the Lexus is expected to come equipped with a full-time four-wheel-drive systems - named - Four-Wheel Electro-Hydraulic Suspension with Adaptive Variable Suspension and Active Height Control. The system will adjust itself to match the environment.
Other noteable features in the LX 570 include
- a new Crawl Control feature, which helps the driver to concentrate on manoeuvring over rough or difficult surfaces at low speeds.
- a multi-terrain ABS braking system designed to help reduce stopping distances on slippery surfaces such as sand or gravel.
- 10 airbags as standard with the addition of driver and front-passenger knee airbags, second-row seat-mounted side airbags and third-row curtains.
- four-zone independent climate control,
- a power-sliding second-row seat
- a 19-speaker premium audio system.
No details yet on pricing, however given the current LX470 is selling from $123,000, we expect the LX 570 to retail around $150,000.