Despite this the latest version of the CX-9 has just been revealed at the New York Motor Show and the Japanese company says it has received a significant exterior and interior facelift, added options and reinforced safety features.
Mazda says that the CX-9 was an instant success when it first hit the market in 2007, raising the bar for three-row crossover SUVs.
And it claims that from its dynamic styling and safety to versatility and performance, Mazda’s flagship crossover SUV continues to wow customers and automotive critics alike as it moves into its fourth year of production.
At New York Mazda said that as is also the case with other recent vehicles in the Mazda line-up, the 2010 CX-9 receives a Nagare-inspired exterior and interior. Wrapped from front to rear with subtle design cues that express the “embodiment of motion,” the exterior of the CX-9 is sleek and sophisticated for 2010.
Key enhancements include:
* New family face features including a bolder five-point grille, radiator grille, front combination lamps and fog lamps
* New 20-inch and 18-inch wheel design
* Larger, more aerodynamic side mirrors
* Rear garnish, which compliments the look of the front fascia design
* Rear combination lamps that mimic the same Nagare-inspired texture as front lamps, while incorporating a new red lens at the bottom to show stability
* New exterior color – Dolphin Gray
A 204kW, 3.7-litre, V6 engine powers the revised CX-9, which Mazda says makes the most complex pursuits as easy and as pleasurable as possible.
The Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) system supports the driver when changing lanes on roads and highways, and at speeds of 35km/h or more, the system monitors areas on both sides of the vehicle to the rear.
Mazda CX-9 is offered in three trim levels: Sport, Touring and Grand Touring. All models include air conditioning, power windows, power door locks with remote keyless entry, trip computer, cruise control, six air bags, Bluetooth® phone capability and a choice of black or beige interior hues.
Mazda CX-9 offers as optional features a factory towing package, power sunroof, BOSE® audio system, power lift gate, and a rear-seat entertainment system.