Expanding the updated Grand Cherokee range to 11 variants, the Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit special edition is priced from $75,000, placing it one step below the $77,000 flagship 344kW/624Nm Grand Cherokee SRT.
Based on the $71,000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland diesel, the Summit special edition gains chrome details including mesh grille inserts, lower doorsill and front bumper accents and exhaust finishers. Body-coloured wheel arch flares, satin finish 20-inch alloy wheels and ‘Summit’ tailgate badging complete the exterior changes.
Inside, leather and wood trim (the latter only available with Grand Canyon interior colour scheme) join a premium suede-like headliner and a 19-speaker Harman Kardon surround sound audio system. A $2500 rear DVD/Blu-ray entertainment system comprising two nine-inch screens is also available.
Mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission, the 184kW/570Nm 3.0-litre V6 turbo diesel borrowed from the Overland claims a combined cycle fuel consumption figure of 7.5 litres per 100km.
Safety technology also matches the Overland and includes forward collision warning with crash mitigation, blind spot warning, adaptive cruise control, hill start assist, front and rear parking sensors, rear view camera and rear cross path detection.
Jeep’s Quadra Lift air suspension system and five-mode Selec-Terrain traction control system are also included.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit special edition is on sale across Australia now.
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee manufacturer's list pricing:
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4×2 V6 $43,000 ($45,000 driveaway)
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4×4 V6 $46,000
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4×4 V6 diesel $51,000
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V6 $56,000
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V6 diesel $61,000
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8 $61,000
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6 $66,000
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6 diesel $71,000
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V8 $71,000
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit V6 diesel $75,000 (special edition model)
- Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT $77,000