Speaking with Australia's Channel 10 prior to the Belgian Grand Prix's main event at Spa-Francorchamps on Sunday, 36-year-old Webber announced, "The decision's made."
"We all know who it is. I'm happy with that decision. It's good for him and good for Australia."
The remark appears to be good news for 24-year-old, and current Toro Rosso driver, Ricciardo, however, Red Bull team principal Christian Horner maintains the West Australian is far from having secured the drive for 2014.
Speaking to Sky Sports F1, Horner said, "There is plenty of speculation around but nothing has been signed yet".
"Mark is not privy to all of our discussions with the drivers but when we are comfortable to announce the decision then we will announce it," Horner said.
That announcement is not due to come before Round 12 of this year's championship at Monza in Italy on September 6.
Departing Red Bull to drive for Porsche in the 2014 World Endurance Championship, the notoriously loose-lipped Webber, who has previously driven for Minardi, Jaguar and Williams, has notched up 207 race starts,
11 pole positions and nine career wins to date.