Nonetheless, the new Ford Fiesta XR4 is rumored to go on sale next month (may). The XR4 is set to take on Volkswagen's award winning Polo GTi and the Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart.
Powered by a naturally aspirated 2.0L Duratec 16V 4-cylinder engine the XR4 produces 110kW @ 6000rpm of power, 190Nm @ 4500rpm of torque. The baby performance car accelerates from 0-100km/h in 7.9sec, and consumes a very respectable 7.81 litres/100km of PULP.
The XR4 interior will come with
- leather-wrapped steering wheel with aluminium centre spoke,
- unique leather gear shift knob with satin aluminium insert and red graphics,
- sports pedals and XR4 branded scuff plates.
As far as safety goes, thankfully Ford haven't gone cheap and the XR4 comes with
- driver and front passenger airbags,
- side curtain airbags and side thorax airbags.
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC),
- traction control with Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD),
"Fiesta XR4 delivers a further performance offering to Ford motoring enthusiasts, It is going to be a successful and eye-catching addition to the hot-hatch range." said President of Ford Australia, Tom Gorman.
The Fiesta XR4 will be driven via a 5-speed manual gearbox (no auto on offer - thank you ford). It will also ride on 17” 11-spoke alloy wheels. The XR4 is expected to go on sale at around $25,000.