Armed with the new 423kW (up from 380kW) AM28 6.0-litre V12 engine that features the latest-generation Bosch engine management, the car is capable of reaching a claimed 330km/h.
Peak torque will also be bolstered to 620Nm at 5750rpm - up from 570Nm in the current model.
The V12 Vantage S will not be found wanting at lower revs. At just 1000rpm, torque rises from 440Nm to 510Nm – thereby flattening and fattening the torque curve and improving acceleration.
Whereas the outgoing car was capable of sprinting from 0-100km/h in 4.2 seconds, an insider claims the new Aston Martin V12 Vantage S is good for a 3.9sec dash - or better.
There’s also a raft of new race technology on board the new car, with CNC (Computer Numerical Control) combustion chambers and hollow camshafts just two examples of Aston’s track-proven technology feeding through to its road cars.
The new V12 Vantage S also replaces the six-speed manual transmission with an all-new seven-speed Sportshift-III hydraulically actuated automated manual transmission with motorsport-style paddleshifters.
The race-derived technology, which was developed by transmission experts Oerlikon Graziano and used in Aston Martin Racing’s successful Vantage GT4, GT3 and GTE race cars, provides more driver control with shorter and more precise gear changes.
Crucially, the new unit is considerably lighter than the outgoing six-speed manual gearbox – saving 25kg.
The new V12 Vantage S also marks the debut of Aston’s three-stage adaptive damping for the Vantage family – allowing the driver to switch between three different modes: Normal, Sport and Track. The system also controls the level of power assistance offered.
Alongside the new damping technology is a ‘Sport’ mode, which dramatically alters throttle response, shift speed and timing as well as the level of exhaust note.
In fact, the V12 S gets a whole new exhaust system – modelled off that of the Aston Martin One-77 that is lighter, smaller and rowdier than the outgoing V12 Vantage.
The ZF Servotronic power-assisted steering will offer an appreciably quicker 15:1 ratio (down from 17:1) and two-mode steering assistance designed to match the Sport and Normal settings for the adaptive dampers.
The V12 Vantage S also gets updated styling to reflect its range-topping status in the Vantage range.
The most obvious styling change is the grille that replaces the marque’s signature aluminium vanes with either black carbonfibre or titanium silver mesh.
The new arrangement was inspired by the recently unveiled CC100 Speedster Concept and designed to increase airflow to the V12 powertrain.
Other distinguishing features include new lightweight forged alloy 10-spoke wheels, along with a graphics package that includes a black-painted roof and boot panel.
Inside, there’s new seating with sport and
lightweight carbonfibre seat options, with revised contrast stitching and welt detailing.
There are two leather grade options – Luxmill and semi-aniline – plus Alcantara as a further premium option.
Buyers can also choose the optional carbonfibre interior pack for the car’s facia and door pull - and for the first time, black pedals.
The Aston Martin V12 Vantage S will launch in October with local pricing and specifications announced closer to that date.
Aston Martin V12 Vantage S specifications
• Two-seat, two-door coupe body style
• Extruded bonded aluminium VH body structure aluminium, magnesium alloy, composite and steel body
• Extruded aluminium door side-impact beams
• Halogen projector headlamps (main beam)
• High Intensity Discharge headlamps (dipped beam)
• Black headlamp bezels
• LED rear lamps
• Clear rear lamps with a black border
• Carbon fibre front splitter and rear diffuser
• AM28 all-alloy, quad overhead camshaft, 48 valve, 5935cc, V12
• Front mid-mounted engine, rear-wheel drive
• Fully catalysed stainless steel exhaust system with active bypass valves
Max power: 423kW at 6,750 rpm
Max torque: 620 Nm at 5,750 rpm
Acceleration (estimated): 0-100 km/h: 3.9 seconds
Max speed (estimated): 330 km/h
• Rear mid-mounted ‘Sportshift™ llI’ seven-speed automated manual transmission with electronic shift-by-wire control system
• Alloy torque tube with carbon fibre propeller shaft
• Limited-slip differential
• Final drive ratio 3.7:1
Wheels & tyres
• 19-inch, 10-spoke forged alloy Graphite-painted wheels with diamond-turned finish
• Front wheel: 9J x 19”
• Rear wheel: 11J x 19”
• Front tyre: Pirelli P Zero Corsa 255 / 35 ZR19
• Rear tyre: Pirelli P Zero Corsa 295 / 30 ZR19
• Tyre repair kit
Length: 4385 mm (inc. front number plate plinth) Kerbweight: (estimate) 1665 kg
Width: 2022 mm (inc. mirrors) Fuel tank capacity: 80 litres
Height: 1250 mm Wheelbase: 2600 mm
• Rack and pinion, power-assisted steering
• 2.6 turns lock-to-lock
• Column tilt and reach adjustment
• Front: Ventilated carbon ceramic discs, 398 mm diameter with six-piston monobloc calipers
• Rear: Ventilated carbon ceramic discs, 360 mm diameter with four-piston monobloc calipers
• Black painted brake callipers
• Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) with track mode
• Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
• Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
• Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
• Traction control (TC)
• Three Stage Adaptive Damping System (ADS) with Normal, Sport and Track modes
• Front: Independent double wishbones incorporating anti-dive geometry, coil springs, anti-roll bar and monotube dampers
• Rear: Independent double wishbones with anti-squat and anti-lift geometry, dual-rate coil springs and monotube dampers
• Full-grain leather interior
• Piano Black facia trim, centre stack and door pulls
• Alcantara-trimmed sports steering wheel with black airbag ring
• Electrically adjustable Sports seats with side airbags
• Memory seats and exterior mirrors (three positions)
• Dual-stage driver/passenger front airbags
• Carbon fibre front grille
• Titanium side strake mesh
• Powerfold exterior heated mirrors
• Heated rear screen
• Automatic temperature control
• Organic Electroluminescent (OEL) displays
• Trip computer
• Cruise control
• Bluetooth telephone preparation
• Satellite navigation system
• Auto-dimming interior rear-view mirror
• Auto-dimming interior rear-view mirror with garage door opener (USA and Canada only)
• Rear parking sensors
• Tyre-pressure monitoring
• Alarm (with volumetric and tilt sensor) and immobiliser
• Remote-control central door locking and boot release
• Glass ECU
• Glass switches
• Tracking device (UK only)
• LED map-reading lights
• 160W Aston Martin audio system with six-CD autochanger
• DAB radio
• Integrated Apple iPod connector
• USB connector with Waveform Audio Format (WAF), Windows Media Player (WMA) and MPEG (MP3) audio file compatibility