Holden's Astra has been one of the lucky cars in the Holden lineup which has not been replaced with a Korean made matchbox. Unlike the Holden Barina (with its 2 star safety rating) the Holden Astra is actually made in Belgium, by Opel.
Hence the Astra SRi three and five-door hatch models are not plaughed by the image and safety concerns of their Korean made counterparts.
The Astra's come equipped with a standard six-speed manual or optional four-speed automatic transmission, whilst the majority of European manufacturers have moved onto better and more efficient Automatic gearboxes, GM has decided to keep the four speed for some time to come.
This is how you can tell the difference between a Korean and a European car, the Astra comes with driver, front passenger, front side impact and curtain airbags, plus you also get Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Traction Control and the acclaimed crash avoidance system Electronic Stability Program (ESP®) all as standard.
- 17-inch alloy wheels (16-inch steel spare)
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP®)
- Sports chassis pack
- Semi automatic climate control
- Driver, front passenger, front side and curtain airbags
- Charcoal leather faced trim (front heated seats)
- Lower sports body kit
- Rear roof spoiler
- Casablanca White (solid)
- Power Red (solid)
- Black Sapphire (metallic)
- Moonland Grey (metallic)
- Star Silver (metallic)
- Astra SRi 3-Door Coupe (manual) $30,490
- Astra SRi 3-Door Coupe (automatic) $32,490
- Astra SRi 5-Door Hatch (manual) $29,990
- Astra SRi 5-Door Hatch (automatic) $31,990