METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents that reside in New South Wales (NSW), Victoria (VIC), Queensland (QLD), Western Australia (WA), South Australia (SA), and Northern Territory (NT). Residents from states and territories not mentioned above will be disregarded in the draw.
3. Australian residents must be aged 18 and over (as at 17th December 2012) only. Employees of CarAdvice, Caltex and their immediate families are ineligible. By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to agree with these terms of entry.
4. The CarAdvice Survey Competition will run over two weeks as specified below for the month (December 2012).
5. The competition commences Monday, December 17th 17:00 AEDT and ends on the Monday, December 31st 17:00 AEDT (the Promotional Period)
6. To be able to qualify the entrants must complete the survey on our site and answer the question “Tell us which car you think this is and what gives it away for your chance to win one of three $100 petrol vouchers.” This must be during the promotional period, as specified above. Once they have submitted their survey they have entered the competition
7. Winners will be notified via email and asked to provide their contact details, including their postal address for the prize to be sent to.
8. All entries become and remain the property of CarAdvice.
9. The prize winners will win one of three (1) AU$100 Caltex petrol voucher that they can use at their own discretion within the valid time limit on the voucher.
10. Total prize pool value is A$300
11. All valid entries are automatically entered into the prize draw. The prize winner will be selected by a CarAdvice editorial staff member as the best response to the question based on their professional judgment. A CarAdvice Marketing representative will make initial contact via the email address used when submitting the response and asked to provide their contact details, including their postal address for the prize to be sent.
12. If the prize winner cannot be contacted within ten (10) business days of the selection process CarAdvice Editorial Team will assess the second best response for the period and so and so forth until a winner can be awarded.
13. CarAdvice accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred in connection with taking up the prizes.
14. The prize is as depicted or described in promotions for the competition and may be subject to change. CarAdvice reserves the right to offer an alternative the voucher at its discretion.
15. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
16. The prize winner will be initially contacted via the email address used when submitting the response and asked to provide their contact details, including their postal address for the prize to be sent.
17. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon literary and creative merit. All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
18. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. All entries become and remain the property of CarAdvice. CarAdvice may use the entrants’ names and addresses for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
20. CarAdvice assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the promoter reserves the rights in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to State Regulation.
21. All details of the entrants will be used and preserved in accordance with the National Privacy Principles. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to that office. Unless otherwise notified, CarAdvice may use the entries and details of entrants for promotional and publicity purposes. Entrants consent to their full names and/or their entries being used in all media by CarAdvice.
22. Neither CarAdvice nor their associated companies will be held liable for any loss, damage or injury of the results directly or indirectly from the Winner taking part in any aspect of the Prize.
23. CarAdvice is CarAdvice.com.au Pty Ltd of 52 Victoria Street, McMahon’s Point NSW 2060 (A.B.N. 84 116 608 158) 02 9002 5232.