The CarAdvice garage is currently blessed with the only registered example of this car in the country (pictured above) and as we drive it around Sydney, we have noticed that nearly every self-respecting male can't help but to look.
The Land Rover Defender 60th Anniversary SVX Limited Edition is the supercar version of the Defender. Simply oozing cool as it drives through any part of town.
"For those who want the ultimate Defender, the SVX special edition boasts an array of modern comforts and custom designed features, without compromising the vehicles go anywhere capabilities," says Roger Jory, Land Rover Australia's General Manager. "It's the ideal way to celebrate Land Rover's 60th birthday, and only 82 customers will be lucky enough to own a piece of history."
CarAdvice is currently driving AU model 03 out of only 82 individually numbered Defender SVX's destined for Australia. Land Rover will only make 1,800 of the cars in total, making the SVX a serious collectors item.
The reason we say it's the supercar version of the Defender is because it comes with a host of features never before seen in the Defender range. We are talking satellite navigation, Recaro seats, leather steering wheel, iPod compatibility, etc.
The SVX still has a very noticeable visual resemblance to its 1948 predecessor, but this one was specifically conceived to celebrate Land Rover's 60th Anniversary.
Special features include satin black body wrap 60th decals, diamond turned five-spoke alloy wheels, tubular side-steps, reinforced aluminium front under shield, sunroof, heated seats, aluminum gear knob, and a Clarion audio system with sub woofer and amplifier
Underneath the skin not much is changed and SVX is still an exceptional off road vehicle. The limited edition model has a recommended retail price of $63,320.
Check back in about a week's time for CarAdvice's review of the SVX.
Further up north, our Brisbane team has been busy taking a FreeLander 2 to places most would think it could never go. Make sure you check the site in the upcoming weeks for that review as well.
LAND ROVER 110 SVX - AUSTRALIAN SPECIFICATIONS
* 16-inch Alloy wheels with bright finish centre caps with silver logo
* Satin Black finish for intake covers and heater covers
* Body Coloured Wheel Arches
* Titan Bonnet Badging
* Front Grille and Headlamp Surround
* Front Undershield
* Side Steps
* Rear LED Bulbs (includes reverse and fog lamps)
* Santorini Black Metallic Paint
* SVX Metallic Badge
* Metallic Rear Defender Badge & Silver Land Rover Roundels
* Locking Wheel Nuts
* Body Coloured Roof
* Heated Rear Window and Wash Wipe
* Rear Mudflaps
* Front Mudflaps
* Rear Folding Step
* Rear Door Stowage Net
* Leather Recaro Front Seats
* Rear Seat Trim to Match Front Seats
* Garmin Satellite Navigation and Cradle
* Clarion High Ice Audio System with Upgraded Speakers, Sub Woofer and Amplifier
* iPOD Interface
* Metallic SVX Key Chain
* Numbered Commemorative Plaque
* Machined Aluminum Gear and diff knobs
* Titan Switch Panel
* Satin Black Body Wrap Decals
* Unique Cubby Box Lid with interior lights
* County Grey Leather/Dune Cloth Trim
* Air Conditioning
* Carpet Floor Mats
* Leather Steering Wheel
* 7 Seats
* Electric Front Windows
* Remote Central Locking
* Heated Front Windscreen
* Heated Front Seats
* Leather Bound Handbook Cover
Safety & Security Features:
* Anti-lock Braking System
* Electronic Traction Control
* Ventilated Disc Brakes
* Perimetric Alarm with Immobiliser
* First Aid Kit