So this is obviously the most powerful people mover, but it is also the most fuel-efficient among its six-cylinder rivals. The new 3.5-litre V6 engine in Tarago has 9.8 per cent more power and at least 5.5 per cent better fuel economy than any other six-cylinder people mover on the market.
So the power figures? Well how does 202kW and peak torque of 340Nm sound? A hell of a lot I know! The V6 averages fuel economy figures of 10.2 litres/100km for the GLi V6 model and 10.3 litres/100km for the GLX and Ultima grades. Of course, this is a V6 people mover, something the consumers have been begging for a long time now!
"Families who need the seating or luggage capacity of Tarago will appreciate the extra power and remarkable fuel economy of the V6. We are also targeting customers such as hotel chains and limousine companies who require a luxury vehicle for transporting valued clientele to and from the airport or on shopping or sightseeing expeditions," Toyota Australia's senior executive director sales and marketing David Buttner
There are three different flavours of Tarago V6, with prices starting from $54,690. All models come standard with
- a six-speed electronic automatic transmission,
- dual-zone climate-control air conditioning,
- cruise control,
- MP3-compatible CD tuner,
- remote central locking,
- power windows
- a fold-away third-row seat.
Being a Japanese car, safety is high on the agenda and the Tarago V6 comes with
- seven air bags,
- a pre-crash seatbelt system,
- steering-assisted vehicle stability control,
- anti-lock brakes with brake assist and electronic brakeforce distribution.
The difference between the grades:
GLi grade has
- eight seats,
- a three-passenger second-row seat with 60/40 split.
GLX and Ultima grades
- seven seats,
- a three-passenger second-row seat with 60/40 split (electronic for the Ultima)
- including two adjustable captain's chairs in the second row which feature integrated ottomans.
- sliding centre console "shuttle box" that can move between the front and second-row seats.
- roof rails,
- 17-inch alloy wheels,
- front and rear parking sonar,
- Optitron instruments,
- woodgrain trim
- rear climate-controlled air conditioning.
- high-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps with adaptive front lighting system (AFS) and auto-levelling (Ultima Only)
- power sliding side doors, (Ultima Only)
- leather seats, (Ultima Only)
- heated driver's and passenger's front seat, (Ultima Only)
- dual sunroofs (one fixed and the other tilt-adjustable) with sunshades (Ultima Only)
- satellite navigation.(Ultima Only)
Bring on the People Mover wars!