Everyone once in a while a manufacturer comes out with a special edition model, sometimes it's to boost sales and sometimes it's to celebrate the brand's success. In the case of Audi's newest arrival, the limited release A6 “White Edition”, it's the latter.
Audi Australia will bring just ten units of this limited edition model to our shores, the only choice? Petrol or diesel.
“This special edition A6 highlights Audi’s strong focus on design, and the sophistication of the brand. The A6 model range offers very sporty variants like our special ‘Le Mans’ edition range and the soon-to-be-released RS 6, and now with the introduction of the White Edition, we are also demonstrating the superb quality and design of this model,” Audi Australia’s General Manager, Marketing, Immo Buschmann, said
According to the German luxury maker the 'White Edition' emphasis that "white really is the new silver in fashionable automotive circles", something that we might have missed!
Given the emphasis on white, Audi has limited the interior colours to just Ibis White or Black Milano leather.
Two variants are offered, the A6 White Edition 2.8-litre FSI direct petrol injection with 154kW and 280Nm of torque and the 3.0-litre TDI diesel engine with 171kW and 450Nm of torque.
The A6 White Edition 2.8 FSI will accelerate from 0 - 100 km/h in 7.9 seconds while the diesel manages the same run in 6.9 seconds. Fuel economy is rated at 8.7 litres / 100km for the petrol and 8.0 litres/100km for the diesel.
The FSI puts it power through a continuously variable transmission (CVT) with seven programmed levels as well as steering-wheel mounted buttons for quick gear changes.
The petrol powered variant is driven via the front-wheels but the diesel receives Audi's famous quattro permanent all-wheel drive drivetrain. The 450Nm of torque available in the diesel rules out the CVT transmission, instead it comes with a 6-speed automatic.
Deliveries of the A6 White Edition commence later this month.
Specification on both variants includes:
- Audi Technik Package (Advanced Key, Audi Music Interface, Navigation system, Audi parking system ‘Advance’ with rear view camera, Bluetooth mobile phone preparation)
- Sports Suspension
- Electric glass sunroof
- Privacy glass (tinted, darkened glass)
- Audi quattro GmbH 19 inch double spoke alloy wheels
- Audi Exclusive Black Package (the radiator grille surround is in a highly polished black finish, matt black radiator slats with licence plate surround also in matt black, highly polished black trim strips below the headlights and exterior window trimming in black)
Recommended retail price
- A6 White Edition 2.8 FSI multitronic $105, 655
- A6 White Edition 3.0 TDI quattro $118, 505