The new Falcon lineup now includes a new range of model names, the G6 is the entry into the G Series and is a nod to the "Ghia" nameplate and an extension of the G8 nomenclature used on the outgoing Fairlane range in recent years. The "6" represents the six-cylinder engine.
The G6 is powered by the same I6 petrol engine found in the XT. It's mated to a new five-speed automatic transmission with Sequential Sports Shift (SSS) and produces 195 kW at 6000 rpm and 391 Nm of torque.
Although based on the XT, the G6 comes with many additional interior and exterior features. From the outside the G6 receives a unique front bumper and grille, front fog lamps and 17-inch alloy wheels.
The interior gets suede seat bolsters and a rear centre armrest with cup holders. Ford have also modified the suspension, fitting it with a luxury sports suspension while safety features follow on from the XT with the addition of a reverse sensing system as standard equipment.
[gallery=288]G Series – G6
As for Falcon XT with the following additional features:
- Luxury Sports suspension
- Unique 17-inch alloy wheels
- Optional 18-inch G Series alloy wheels
- Optional 19-inch G Series Luxury Styling alloy wheels
- Sports variable ratio steering gear
- Front fog lamps
- High chrome radiator grille surround
- G Series front bumper
- High series side rocker mouldings
- High series rear bumper
- Bright door frame moulding (DLO)
- Unique G6 rear tail lamps
- Chrome exhaust tip
- Reverse sensing system
- Luxury front seats
- Front passenger lumbar adjustment
- Interior dome lamp with integrated map lights
- Premium rear seats
- Rear sear centre armrest with integrated cupholders
- Leather steering wheel
- 'Estate' cloth trim
- 'Savvy' cloth insert trim
- Trimmed and stitched door pockets