Based on the current Trendline and Comfortline models respectively, the Golf Edition and Golf Pacific include Electronic Stabilisation Program (ESP), now standard across the entire Golf range.
The Edition is available with a 1.6-litre petrol engine or 1.9 TDI which yields fuel consumption of just 5.5L/100km with the 6-speed manual.
The Pacific uses the 2.0 FSI petrol engine producing 110kW of power at 6000rpm and 200Nm, mated to either the 6-speed manual transmission or the automatic 6-speed Tiptronic transmission with Dynamic Selection Program.
Also available with the Pacific is a 2.0 TDI unit, delivering 103kW of power at 4000 rpm and torque which rivals many large V6 engines, with 320Nm available from 1750rpm.
In addition to the equipment found in the current Trendline models, the Golf Edition adds:
- Brake Assist
- Electronic Stabilisation Program (ESP)
- ‘Edition’ anthracite and grey cloth trim
- Bristol 15” alloy wheels
- Multi-function trip computer
- Multi-function leather steering wheel
- Leather gear shift knob and handbrake lever with grey stitching
- Height and lumbar adjustment for front seats
- Body coloured bumper inserts, door mirrors/handles and body side strips
- Matt chrome decorative inserts in dashboard and doors
- ‘Edition’ badge on tailgate
Similarly, the Golf Pacific features equipment levels inline with the Comfortline and Edition models, as well as adding:
- Mugello 16” alloy wheels
- Dual zone climate control air conditioning
- Front sports seats with height and lumbar adjustment
- Anthracite sports cloth upholstery
- Multi-function trip computer ‘Plus’ (large format)
- Front fog lights
- ‘Pacific’ badge on tailgate
Model Description and Retail Pricing
Golf 1.6 Edition 5 speed manual $25,490
Golf 1.6 Edition 6 speed Tiptronic $27,790
Golf 1.9 TDI Edition 6 speed manual $27,990
Golf 1.9 TDI Edition 6 speed DSG $30,290
Golf 2.0 FSI Pacific 6 speed manual $29,990
Golf 2.0 FSI Pacific 6 speed Tiptronic $32,290
Golf 2.0 TDI Pacific 6 speed manual $32,490
Golf 2.0 TDI Pacific 6 speed DSG $34,790