Clearly Infiniti doesn’t want to give too much away, but the concept is expected to preview a future production coupe/hatchback vehicle.
Late last year, Infiniti senior vice president, Andy Palmer, said the concept would be “completely different to anything currently offered by our rivals”.
“Infiniti is currently examining concepts for a luxury car that will fit below the current G Line,” Mr Palmer said.
The vehicle is expected to provide Infiniti with a small car competitor to take on the likes of the Lexus CT 200h, and the myriad German offerings in the premium small segment.
Late last year, Nissan Australia CEO and managing director, Dan Thompson, confirmed the Infiniti brand was on its way to Australia in 2012.
Today, Nissan Australia’s Jeff Fisher confirmed the premium brand was on track to be launched in the second half of next year.
He said it was still too early to speculate on the exact make-up of the Australian launch range, and admitted that all products were still being considered except the Nissan Patrol-based QX56, which is designed largely for the US market.
Mr Fisher said the range would depend on the life cycle of the vehicles that are available in around 18 months’ time, confirming that Nissan Australia was not interested in introducing models that were close to the end of their lives.
The current Infiniti line-up in the UK includes the G sedan, coupe and convertible; the M sedan; and the EX and FX SUVs.
The Infiniti concept will hit the stands at the Geneva Motor Show on March 1, with more details expected to be released in the lead up to its unveiling.