2016 Suzuki Vitara Rt-s Review
  • Steering, Space, Fuel Efficient , Price, Off Road Capable
  • Nil

by Morgan

I am 100% satisfied with my brand new Suzuki Vitara! Buyers are spoilt for choice with the SUV market being so extensive. I can honestly say that the Vitara is one of the more underrated city SUV’s.

I have no idea why though because once I took it for a test drive, I purchased one straight after. Being one of the smallest in the class in terms of exterior dimensions, the interior is surprisingly roomy and there is more than enough space. The boot is especially roomy with under floor storage.

I have read many reviews and most stated that the interior is cheap and the engine is underpowered. This is completely false. Before I purchased I had a look at the Mazda CX-3 and the interior in that vehicle was horrible (seats, plastics & tiny boot!!!).

The Suzuki is well equipped for the price I’m surprised it is not a top seller (standard 17″ alloy wheels, satellite navigation, 7 airbags, reverse camera, digital climate control, bluetooth, cruise control, LED daytime running lights & Apple CarPlay to name a few).

The engine may look average on paper but when you’re actually driving it’s a different story. The automatic RT-S only weighs 1120KG. Therefore the 86KW paired with 6-speed automatic does the job without struggle.

Having upgraded to the Vitara from a 2014 Kia Rio the first thing I noticed was how good the Suzuki’s steering is. Turning is effortless and has a sporty feel.

Economy is another pro. Although this model is 2WD, the 185mm ground clearance helps when going off road. I tested this car in the bush yesterday and was pleasantly surprised how smooth it drives over harsh surfaces. BEFORE you buy a CX-3, ASX or HR-V you MUST consider taking the Vitara for a test drive, you won’t be disappointed.

SUZUKI VITARA BREAKDOWN