2016 Skoda Fabia 66TSI review
  • Large boot; great fuel economy; distinctive looks; value for money; infotainment
  • Slow acceleration; some wind noise at high speed

by Huw

While the majority of others in the comments section of reviews seem to dislike this little champion, I have to say I couldn’t disagree more.

Looks, I suppose, are in the eye of the beholder, but I find the Fabia modern looking and sleek, although perhaps a bit narrow from the front view, but I can live with that.

The practicality of the car never gets old. With the seats down, it is staggering how much you get into this car. With the seats up, I still fit my golf bag and buggy, hockey bag and a full load of shopping with room to spare. What more could you want?

The infotainment system at first was a bit laggy and had a few bugs, and still will bug out sometimes, but this usually fixes itself fairly quickly. Also, once I updated my old iPhone with new Apple updates, it solved a lot of the issues.

I bought the manual option which came in around $18k. I was looking for a wagon for the boot space but no other cars came near that figure, so in that respect it was a no-brainer.

The fuel economy is fantastic. My best 40-litre tank full so far got me 823km, although usually I get 650km in city driving (5.8ish L/100km).

I haven’t had to service it yet, as it only needs it once a year, which is very handy. Overall, the Skoda Fabia is a fantastic little car. I do find myself getting excited when I see others on the road because they are so rare. I can’t quite figure out why no one else was smart enough to buy one.

SKODA FABIA BREAKDOWN