2016 Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sport Review
  • design, techknowledgy, engering, build quality, performance
  • a little expensive, the 205KW engine would be better than the 185KW one

by William Falkiner

I was looking for a sporty family wagon that I could lease for under $1000 per month. I liked the Levorg but having come from a well optioned 2010 Euro, the Levorg just played catch up and didn’t knock my socks off.

So I tried an AMG45 Shooting Brake that I loved, but it was a little small for my kids and had too much of a boy-racer vibe. The Skoda Superb was also of interest but was quite expensive with all the options I wanted ticked, and it was also somewhat big for Sydney parking.

I think the Audi is a generation ahead of all the other cars and the Quattro Sport with Technik package is the sweet spot in the range. The new model has more refined handling, a stunning interior and very good engine. My kids love the car, especially the self opening back hatch. Apple Car Play and the auto steering and traffic-assist is brilliant but underneath all the bells and whistles it’s a really great engine and chassis that’s a pleasure to drive on twisty country roads. It’s also no slouch, going from 0 to 100kph in 5.8 seconds, while being smooth and fuel efficient on the highway. All-wheel drive is a must for me, as we get a little snow and ice on the road in winter and I also take the kids camping once or twice a year. I wish it had the 205kW engine in the new Passat, but it’s a compromise I can make for the elegant design.

I got a great deal with 5 years warranty and three years free servicing.

2016 Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sport Review Review