• Quality, Fixed price servicing, Comfort, Quietness, Flexible 7 seats
  • Dead steering, Throttle lag, Poor traction, A pillar blind spot

by Steve Brett

I have a Kia Rondo as my company vehicle. The Rondo ticks many boxes but in my opinion is let down by 3 things. Firstly the dead steering. Albeit light and 3 mode adjustable it has no recoil at all, I am forever steering stewing into junctions and steering out again, it simply has no ability to self centre.
Secondly the diesel I have been driving has throttle lag.

Firget nipping out of junctions or roundabouts in front of traffic, it has a full second of nothing, yes nothing, by then it’s too late to go. When it does go it finally takes off with a kick, tyre killing wheel spin due to inadequate electronic traction control.

The final problem I have is forward vision. The raked steeply A pillars are so thick I literally have to move my head sideways to see sideways.

The rest of the car is top notch. Smooth, quiet, economical, solid build quality and unbearable warranty.

The 7 seat configuration is amazing, smaller kids only in the third row but 3 proper adult seats in the second row. The second row actually slides fore and aft, the outer seats even recline. This car is a great option if you need the 3rd row, bear in mind my 3 listed issues to see if you agree, you may not be bothered by them as I am.

Seriously, Kia is now a surprise brand, if you only need 5 seats then buy a Kia Sportage. The Sportage is my personal vehicle of choice, all the attributes of a Rondo but awesome steering, great forward vision and no throttle lag and great traction. Check them both out, you will be highly surprised how far Kia has evolved.

2015 Kia Rondo Si Review Review