2015 Hyundai i30 Active X Review
  • Great turning circle - easy to park. ,Layout of the dash, Hyundai service team has been excellent.
  • Fuel economy
ANCAP RATING N/A

by John Dawson

Fuel economy in urban areas is disappointing, and it is always more than 10 litres per 100km. However other features far outweigh the disappointment of the real world economy not matching the numbers on the windscreen decal.

For comparison, our 2014 Subaru Forester 2.5, returns around 8.0-Litres per 100Kms for urban driving. I haven’t taken the Hyundai for country drives though, so I cannot accurately speak of the figures there.

I very much like the way the Hyundai performs but I expected far better fuel economy. In terms of its performance, I’d give it a 9 out of 10. My Hyundai replaced a top-of-the-range Camry Vienta – the Vienta was a beautiful car – which did 300,000kms, but I would say the Hyundai i30 Active X is a better car, despite my experience with its fuel economy (ie it’s not as good as the decal claims).

I cannot offer much more than this. Aside from the fuel economy, I think it’s a good car.

HYUNDAI I30 BREAKDOWN