2015 Holden Colorado Z71 (4x4) Review
  • Easy to drive, Handles very well, Looks awesome, Towes great, Great fuel economy
  • Seats are a bit hard would have prefered cloth seats, No CD player
ANCAP RATING N/A

by Brad Woodhams

My 2015 Z71 blows my traded in VE Thunder ute out of the water as both my daily driver and as a weekend toy tower.

With fuel use at around 8.4l/100km unladen and 10.5/100km towing my racecar. I am regularly complimented on colour choice (Orange Rock). I never saw myself as a 4×4 ute owner, now after 10 months and 40,000 kms, I wonder why I never bought one before.

I can see this Colorado staying for a long time. It’s had three recalls for the dipstick, battery and wiring harness, but all checked out ok. Unlike the last person to review a Colorado, I find the steering well weighted and although the transmission was a bit sloppy at first, it has tightened up nicely now.

The drink holders in front of the dash vents, whilst not a new idea are a very good thing. Lots of storage compartments are greatly appreciated.

I’m finding the MyLink system with it’s many features work very well and the cruise control is easy to use as is the 4×4 control.

The rubber rear bumper and side steps will take a lot of punishment and I appreciate the hill start assist and hill descent control.

My only criticisms are the leather seats are a bit hard, particularly on long drives, a bit less power than my Thunder and the lack of a CD player.

My daughter was so impressed, she traded her Territory on a Colorado 7 Trailblazer and she is so glad she did!

I can highly recommend the ‘Collie’ and often have.

HOLDEN COLORADO BREAKDOWN